Monday, October 1, 2012

Freakin' Weekend

What a wonderful weekend.

Friday night was awesome. We went out, came home, put the dude to bed and stayed up late talking and playing games and drinking.
Exhibit A:

Saturday we slept in until a glorious 8am. I forget what we did, but I'm sure it was relaxing. At some point, we left to go out for lunch and go grocery shopping for the first time in two weeks. Meal planning for the win!

This week's menu is awesome!
Sunday - lunch: turkey and lettuce wraps with baby carrots and Sunchips
              dinner: filet mingon with mashed potatoes and roasted brocolli with red wine (I died)
Monday - lunch: homemade pasta salad with chicken and veggies
                dinner: vegetable fried rice
Tuesday - lunch: fried rice balls
                dinner: pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and any remaining pasta salad
Wednesday - lunch: pulled pork sandwiches with any remaining coleslaw and Sunchips
                 dinner: chicken, brocolli and onion orzo
Thursday - lunch: pulled pork nachoes
                  dinner: out (Bryan has a night class)
Friday - lunch: out with Bryan and Bradley
              dinner: spaghetti and whole grain breadsticks

Finally, I've got my shit together! I can menu plan like a genius, and our grocery bill for the week was under $80 ($79.something but still!).

We stayed up late watching Doctor Who and playing a drinking game where we had to drink anytime someone said "Doctor" or whenever Rory made a stupid face.

Yesterday, we cleaned the house. Deep cleaned - for the first time since my mom left six weeks ago. Man, it feels nice to live in a clean house. And I cleaned out the fridge and the pantry. And Bryan did like twenty loads of laundry. And we ate the most delicious dinner.

Too bad Bradley had a terrible night. I am so exhausted. Thankfully, my boss is still out of town, and my day consists of re-training students and catching up on work. Tomorrow will be INSANE.

I'm loving the routine, and it really makes my time with Bradley even more special. Today, Bryan's bringing Bradley to the office since I'm taking out my lead student staff member for lunch (she has requested the baby at lunch). It will be fun to have the little guy in my office!

SIDE (sad) NOTE: my supply has dropped like crazy. Probably from dehydration. Probably from my lazy weekend mornings (and lazy refusal to pump). Oatmeal, oatmeal and water like crazy. And hopefully this will fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment