Earlier this week, I decided I wanted to minimalize. And today I began.
I've hit my kitchen first, mostly because I wanted to lose about four of the six spatulas I have...in many different styles and colors but not in that cute, mismatchy way.
Bryan started the day in pessimistically impressed, thinking it was a good idea but had little faith I could commit to throwing away anything.
But, oh, I could!
I threw away half eaten bags of chips, prescription meds from 2010, buttons (with a little fight from Bryan: "No! We might need them!"), ripped out recipes from magazines, and oh so many empty matchboxes.
I set aside old cookbooks, old tablecloths, mismatched Tupperware, watermelon cups from college, martini glasses, and so many spatulas.
After my sister raided the goods via Skype, I have a suitcase full of kitchen gear to bring her in a month. I'm glad to share pieces that I don't use anymore with my youngest sister. Among her loot, silicone muffin cups, a George foreman grill, and a mixed drink library.
My kitchen is still in progress, and I probably kept too much (like the waffle maker or the giant bag of plastic straws), but I like it. Half my kitchen is junked but the other half, it's headed towards a minimalist world.



No comments:
Post a Comment