Saturday, October 6, 2012

Middle of the night confessions

I haven't slept longer than four hours for any stretch since July 26.

I ate nachos for dinner with two big glasses of wine. Hallelujah for Friday.

There's a mess in my house and I'm 99% responsible. It's my shoes, mail, jackets, purses, glasses and fun sized pretzel M&Ms wrappers.

I took Bradley out in 50-something degree weather (yes, it's cold!) without socks. Every old lady noticed and commented. NOTE: he was wearing jeans that were too long for him which I thought might also count as socks.

I still am not sure how to feel about breastfeeding -and almost meeting my three month goal. I'm a wibbly wobbly ball of mixed feelings: happy, proud, embarrassed, womanly, trapped, empowered.

I secretly love middle of the night nursing and diaper change. Just me and my baby. Any smiles are just for me, and when I pick him up, those cuddles melt my heart. Give me a hungry Bradley with a dirty diaper any time of the dark, creaky night and I'll happily cuddle the little guy (unless I have done this within the last three hours).

I had my student go buy me coffee in the middle of the work day for the first time. It was surprisingly not awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment