Bradley had to go to the doctor this morning because he's developed a cough and a runny nose. Bryan says not to worry since babies are supposed to get 7 colds in the first year. I am having a hard time not finding his cough adorable. I mean, it's so British orphan it's hard to handle. He's smiling and laughing still, so he's still a happy baby despit his cold.
Yesterday, we took the comedy team to a camp to do a team building day. When the team starts to make comments about each other's scenes (not in a good way) or judges each other in warm ups, you know you need some help with trust and teamwork. This did the trick. A little cake, some low ropes courses, some potpourri and trust falls and we were a different team. We all went to dinner, and it was just beautiful.
My house is a mess. My kitchen has dishes from last Monday, my fridge barely has food for the week. My living room has four different baby aparatuses (lord help me), pants, shoes, mail, cups. My bathroom has a dirty tub, an overflowing trash can and makeup everywhere. My closet/room is a total disaster of clothes, belts, shoes and clothes that might be dirty. The nursery is fine, and our bedroom is the cleanest only because we have only a bed and a table. I am thankful for fall break because I'll have four days off - one of those better be spent cleaning.
I'm thinking of having a garage sale. (How old am I?)
I'm also thinking of trying out becoming a minimalist. I've really loved
My boss is in a conference in Puerto Rico. He sent me a picture of the view. This further cements my desire to get his job one day.
Tomorrow, I'm going to Broken Arrow to teach a workshop for international students. It happens to be the same day Bryan is teaching accountants about economics. I'm so looking forward to doing the drive with Bryan and meeting up for lunch and dinner like two working professionals in the big city.
I am running on less than five hours of sleep. Lord help my email recipients.


haha, i just came to check up on you for the first time in awhile and i was like, hey, that looks like my kitchen! i'm so excited for your minimizing! and i don't know if i've said it yet or not but congrats on your beautiful baby boy!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes, it's your kitchen! It's beautiful! I already love my slimmed down kitchen, and I'm working on my closet. I hope to try Project 333. It is harder than it looks to pick!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Little Bradley is a fun addition to the family, and we are loving him.