I bought and registered a bunch of the cute receiving blankets from Babies R Us. And they were TINY! Even for Bradley as a newborn. Their uses have been to cover his cold body or cover my breast in public.
Carter's blankets are awesome - they can't be found in Carter's stores (well, that would be too easy), but you can find them in Macy's, JC Penny and Dillards. We use them to swaddle every night.
Fisher Price Bouncer
This is my favorite thing we've bought Bradley.
It serves as a great place to put him when we're not holding him, and when he was little, he would just nap and nap in it. It has really soothing music (that isn't annoying) and vibrations that help keep him asleep.
We would often put him in there in the afternoons in the first two weeks and catch naps while he napped. It's a great place to put him, too, if I needed to shower or eat and I was home alone.
Eddie Bauer Travel System
We LOVE our stroller and carseat combo. I wish I would have waited a few more weeks to buy because they came out with an awesome blue design. But we've got the red. It's okay. I've come to terms with my impulsive buys. Patience!
The stroller passes the one handed test: both up and down. And the carseat snap easily into the base in the car. You kind of have to be a pro to get it out, but we've learned how. When we first put him in the carseat, he'd scream and scream, but after a week, he'd just wimper and get over it. The stroller is a godsend at the mall - and Bradley was too small for the stroller as a newborn, so we'd just snap his carseat in the stroller and keep going with the day. The undercarriage has great space, and there's room for FOUR cups. Shut the front door.
Boppy Pillow
I wouldn't be breastfeeding without this device. We brought it with us to the hospital, and the nurses were so h appy to see it. Supporting a 7 or 8 pound newborn while trying to adjust yourself and keep him steady for 20-40 minutes is tough. The boppy pillow was incredible at that.
There's an alternative, but it's called my Breast Friend which I would not buy on principle. I'm sure it's a fine product though.




No comments:
Post a Comment