Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baby Update: 13 Weeks

STATS:

Baby size: peach!

How far along: 13 weeks. I made it to the second trimester! My chances of a miscarriage drop to below 10%.

Total weight gain: 4 pounds. I am pretty proud of myself and the slow gain. I'm nervous that I won't enjoy posting these numbers soon.

Sleep: I'm sleeping fine. Once I'm out for the night, I'm out for the whole night. I'm having weird dreams, but the plus size is that I don't need any more naps!
Maternity Clothes: I'm limited in what still fits. I wear my regular sized skirts, most of my shirts (a few don't fit over my newly large(r) breasts), but I am in maternity pants except for a pair of work slacks and a Jcrew jean. Thankfully, I just received a box of old maternity clothes from my aunt.

Food cravings: Pasta. Gimme rice, macaroni, spaghetti, ziti, whatever. Anything and everything pasta.

Food aversions:  None at the moment.

Symptoms I have: HUNGER. I am always hungry, even right after I eat lunch or dinner. Fear of my baby's name: I can't find any names that I'm in love with. I like a bunch, but I don't love any of them.
Stretchmarks: None yet. Knock on wood.
Doctor’s Appointment: None until after NCCAF. At that appointment, I'll finish screening and schedule my anatomy scan!
Movement: Nothing yet.

Gender: Don't know yet.

Best moment of the week: Receiving my package of baby books. Now I can read and form opinions, so when people tell me I need to do this or that, I can actually know what I'm talking about.

What I’m looking forward to: My upcoming trip to Florida that I'm booking after work today! Can't wait to show my family my baby bump - it better be there in May!
What I miss: My skinny jeans.

What I've bought this week for baby: Fetal doppler to hear the baby's heartbeat and three books about parenting.
This week, I've felt so much better, so much more energized and I've been walking every day this week for 30 minutes after work. I'm really itching to know if the baby is a boy or a girl!!

No comments:

Post a Comment