Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 17 Weeks

Baby size: onion, 5 inches


How far along: 17 weeks

Total weight gain: 8 pounds. It's bizarre that my gains have been in two pound increments with no gain the following week. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it appears to be normal for me and this pregnancy. 8 pounds is a lot to me, but it's actually right on track with where I am. I'm almost halfway there which means I still have to gain 17-22 pounds. That's the scary part.

Sleep: I sleep okay except for last night. I woke up to pee around 3am and never went back to sleep (hence my tired eyes this morning).
Maternity Clothes: I am officially out of my regular skirts. I tried EVERY SINGLE ONE on yesterday (high of 65, today 68) and none of them buttoned. I have only one maternity skirt, and that has to change this weekend. Also could use some maternity yoga or pajama pants. My midsection is growing bigger than I've ever seen it.

Food cravings: Nothing weird this week. I am totally into gummi worms, but that's probably all I crave. Bryan bought me two bags on Sunday and I'm on my second one already.

Food aversions: Nothing really. I'm actually not into ice cream which shocks Bryan, but he will happily enjoy it alone. I feel normal about my eating.

Symptoms I have:
LARGE MIDSECTION - my lower tummy is bigger than ever. Even at my heaviest, I was four pounds less than I am today. It could still be confused with fat, not baby, and I'm partially hoping for that clear "bump" to come soon, so people don't think I'm just getting fat!

(one instance) INEXPLICABLE WEEPING - we read about this, and I had my first instance (hopefully the only) where I just burst into tears. It could have been that I couldn't reach the thermostat in the freezer or the fact that I thought everything in the freezer was much too frozen. Whatever it was, poor Bryan just pulled me close, pet my hair and said, "What's wrong? Pregnancy?"

SMALL APPETITE - I eat a few bites and I'm full. If I'm hungry an hour before lunch, I'll eat a few jelly beans and then I won't be hungry for like two hours later. It's really weird.
Stretchmarks: None yet. I fully expect them soon.

Doctor’s Appointment: None this week. Ultrasound in two weeks!
Movement: It's not often, but every once in awhile, usually at night as we're watching Parks and Rec on Netflix (which we just finished...anything else we should be watching?) I can feel the baby. On Monday night, I used the fetal doppler to check on the baby, and when I put it away, I could feel crazy movement. Bryan said, "I bet she's annoyed with all that noise." Which is probably true because I crank the volume up so Bryan can hear it from the kitchen. The movement was the strongest I've felt, and I called Bryan over to feel it. AND HE FELT THE BABY! It was really cool and weird and awesome.
Gender: Not yet. I am dying to pick out paint colors for the nursery and gender specific clothes!

Best moment of the week: Teaching improv with Bryan in the MBA class. I really love teaming up with him for challenges like that and seeing, "Oh yeah, we're a great pair." He's the best improv instructor I've ever seen, and I love it when he explains improv from the ground up. I had a blast playing with him and co-teaching.

What I’m looking forward to: My China trip! Only one week!

What I miss: my adorable skirts from Banana Republic and American Apparel...into the box they go.
What I've bought this week for baby: Nothing this week. I don't think I'll buy anything for baby until our Dallas babymoon. Hopefully, we can buy the crib, some cute clothes and more cute maternity clothes for me!

I'm feeling great, feeling a lot like me. I'm not too stressed about anything. Both of my showers seem like they'll be a lot of fun. My nanny situation is taken care of. My maternity leave is planned out and I'll train my top student how to do the organization in my absence so the applications can be processed easily upon my return, and I'll leave her with many canned responses, so she can respond to email.

Everything is falling into place. And the big things like gender and nursery decorating are right around the corner. When I get back from China, then it's nursery time! I'm so excited to buy the crib and decorate. Bryan's really excited for a trip to IKEA. We used to go just for fun back in Philly, but I think a long weekend of shopping and big city life will be awesome. March is gonna rock my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment