Which forces me to be an adult.
But, I'm already an adult. I remember to pay all my bills. I check my mail. I have a full time job and a salary and benefits and a parking spot. I live in a house. I make dinner (most nights). I plan vacations. I buy detergent and toilet paper and batteries before they run out. I return phone calls and emails. I budget. I even remind my husband to put out the trash (most Tuesdays).
Together, Bryan and I have talked about how we want to raise our kids, where we'll take them on vacations and how we'll introduce trade to our toddlers.
But the logistics - like which stroller is best or which food to introduce first or what time is bedtime - have been confusing and so abstract that we've talked, looked and changed the subject without really deciding. We know that I want to return to work (can you imagine me being a stay at home mom?) after my maternity leave. We know that Bryan's going to continue to teach, though thankfully he'll have all his classes on the Tuesday/Thursday schedule to ensure some Daddy time.
Well who's going to watch the baby? I don't trust the day cares in this town. I've seen 'em, I've heard horror stories about meth labs and kiddos, day cares without licenses, and I don't like 'em. What's more: I just don't like the idea of a daycare. Just a personal opinion.
I've always wanted to have one dedicated nanny for my baby. I am not sure if we could afford a 40 hour a week nanny, but thankfully, we won't have to. Bryan has expressed interest in hanging out with the little baby on the days that he's not teaching, and I think that is awesome. I am so happy that my baby will have such good quality time with his dad and that Bryan will be bonding.
Ladies and gentlemen: be impressed. I have already found our nanny! I am so pleased with her. We're taking her to lunch for the official "hire" and discussion of pay, schedule and all that jazz. Even more, I'm so pleased to be able to give my baby the best care: the undivided attention of someone who loves children while allowing me and Bryan to continue our careers and enjoy the baby afterwards.
Who would we trust with this huge responsibility? None other than an Elementary Education major, daughter of the Dean of the Liberal Arts College, girlfriend of one of our improv guys and dancer/actress/arts extraordinaire. She sounds like a dream, and she's even better in person. We are so lucky.
That's one thing I can check off my list. YES!
NOTE: Of course, if we move, I'll have to change the plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment