Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Baby Update: 15 Weeks

Baby size: orange! 4 inches
How far along: 15 weeks and one day
Total weight gain: 6 pounds (eeek!)
Sleep: I am sleepy after lunch and right after dinner. Most nights I fall asleep with my head in Bryan's lap. To be fair, he does pet my hair which puts me to sleep anyway. And I think he loves having complete control of the remote...and playing video games for three hours.
Maternity Clothes: All my jeans are gone. I'm left with my maternity jean and maternity work trousers. My shirts are a mix of both regular and maternity. I also got new bras (two sizes bigger) with detachable cups, so hopefully this will be the size for my nursing.
Food cravings: Gummi bears, sour patch kids, Kazoozles. I officially am over fast food, Kraft mac-n-cheese, burgers and all that stuff I used to like. This week I had a restaurant take a crab dip dish and put it on bread, so I could have a crab dip sandwich. Bryan wanted to crawl under his chair.
Food aversions: Nothing really grosses me out, but there's a lot less that I'm craving lately.
Symptoms I have:
  • Fullness: it takes a lot less to fill my stomach lately.
  • Forgetfulness: I am constantly writing myself notes because I cannot rely on my short term memory anymore.
  • Still smelling everything!
    Stretchmarks: None yet.
    Doctor’s Appointment: Tuesday. I'm excited to schedule the anatomy ultrasound!!
    Movement: Nothing yet. I do check on the heartbeat twice a week. Baby is hanging out on the right.
    Gender: We find out in two and a half weeks! I can't wait!
    Best moment of the week: It's been a great week. Yesterday, I didn't spend any time in the office: I spent all day with our visiting international scholar from Thailand and it was fun being her first American friend, taking her to her first American lunch and answering questions about Oklahoma culture. On Tuesday, we talked to Mom and she's feeling great even though she's started her chemo. She was feeling so great that she even went shopping for baby and maternity clothes!
    What I’m looking forward to: This weekend. We perform tomorrow, see all our comedy friends and get to watch Molly Buckley get married!
    What I miss: my flatter stomach, being able to stay up late with Bryan
    What I've bought this week for baby: The most adorable Disney onesies! Baby only had three outfits (two of which were gifts), and I bought a pack of three 101 Dalamatians onesies, a Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc) onesie and a pack of four solid onesies. They can be for a boy or a girl...though I think buying boy clothes is pretty cute!

    EDIT: Sorry for the late post - it was written on the right day and the picture from 15 weeks 1 day.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment