Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Baby Update: 14 Weeks

STATS:

Baby size: lemon!
 
How far along: 14 weeks
 
Total weight gain: No weight gain this week, maintain 4 pound gain.

 
Sleep: It never fails: at 11, I start yawning and my brain practically shuts off. Weekends are my favorite to sleep in with Bryan. We made it to noon on Sunday. Still got it!
 
Maternity Clothes: I had a big meeting at work on Monday, and I started the day in my suit pants (regular) and a fancy shirt (regular). By lunch, my stomach was being so squished that I had indentations and my boobs were bursting the seams of my shirt, so I switched to my black maternity work pants and a nicer, looser shirt. Needless to say, the maternity clothes are here for good. I put away a full bin of clothes that won't fit until the fall.

 
Food cravings: Nothing. Most everything I like, I don't like anymore. I'm really into pretzels by the bag. That's about it.

 
Food aversions: Almost everything. All meat is disgusting, even sweets don't sound good. I'll be eating something delicious like Kazoozles (last week's craving) and halfway through enjoying it, I'll be grossed out. I don't even know myself!

 
Symptoms I have:
  • Hunger - I'm hungry every two hours. Most of the time water and pretzels will fix it, but I have been known to eat two dinners.
  • Strong smells - I can smell everything instensely. I can't do dishes or take out the trash (what a loss). I smell burps and want to puke. I can tell when someone down the hall eats an orange. I stopped using my leave in conditioner because I could smell it all day long.
  • Peeing constantly - I have an incredible bladder. I drink 64+ ounces of water a day, plus a soda somewhere in the day. I used to only have to pee four times a day: once in the morning, once at work, once after work, once before bed. As of today, I've peed almost every hour. It's annoying! I feel like my mother.
Stretchmarks: None yet. Oh, geez, I'm terrified. I can tell they're going to be coming soon.
 
Doctor’s Appointment: Two weeks.
 
Movement: Nothing yet. I do love hearing the baby's heartbeat twice a week on my fetal doppler. There IS a baby in there even if I forget most of the day.

 
Gender: Don't know yet. Lately, I've been switching from wanting a boy to wanting a girl. Something about bows in hair and all those cute outfits.

 
Best moment of the week: Craving a McDonald's hashbrown (haven't had one in years) and Bryan brought one to me at work. All the ladies gushed over how sweet he was, and I almost cried in happiness. Mostly because the hashbrown was so delicious.

 
What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the baby's sex! 3.5 weeks!
 
What I miss: My red wine with dinner. My ability to apply for summer improv festivals. My sky-high heels

 
What I've bought this week for baby: Nothing, but that doesn't stop me from peeking on websites!
 
This week has been the week of roller coaster emotions and feelings. One moment, I'm energized, then two minutes later, and I'm on the couch with not even enough energy to reach the remote. I am excited about going out to dinner, but when we get there, I can't find anything on the menu that sounds good. It's bizarre, and it feels like I am being taken over by a monster. Which is slightly true.

I'm not too happy with how my face looks in this week's picture because despite the lack of weight gain, my face looks like I gained five pounds since the last picture. At least I'm not pregnant in my ass like my mom keeps warning me about. Gotta stay hot. Nobody wants a frumpy mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment