How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 6 pounds (same as last week - no gain this week! whew!)
Sleep: I am doing fine. Sleeping at decent hours, waking refreshed. I feel more like the non-pregnant me.
Maternity Clothes: I'm in maternity clothes for most everything except pajamas and a few shirts. I love my new maternity shirts that Bryan's mom got me! They're adorable.
Food cravings: Real food with spices and flavor. Enough of the bland and the cheap! This week I'm making pesto chicken over angel hair, spicy fried rice, and my own burrito bowl just like Chipotle. I also restocked my desk bag of jelly beans (from October) because I am in love with the Dr. Pepper jelly beans. Now I've got a full bag. DELICIOUS!
Food aversions: I'm good with eating most anything except cheap, processed food. I think my baby is developing mature tastes...either that or I'm used to the pregnancy hormones now.
Symptoms I have:
CALM - I'm surprised by this. I am less stressed and feel more at peace with everything. I do dishes without getting pissed off at myself for letting them build up. I burnt my hand on the oven and casually said "ow" and walked to the sink instead of screaming and running around yelling, "Bryan! I'm gonna die!!"
FORGETFULNESS: Geez, I can't even remember what month it is. I thought it was November this morning. What is wrong with my brain?
CHECKING MYSELF OUT: I am really loving the bump I have now. It's small but very bump-like. I just stare at it in the mornings and I always try to emphasize it with my outfits (especially on Wednesdays when I do the photo). I think I look cute pregnant!
LAUGHING: I laugh a lot when I'm not pregnant, but the littlest thing will set me off into giggling for a few minutes. It's bizarre, and it is nice to be laughing all the time. I am hoping the baby is going to be a laughing, hilarious baby, and this weird tendancy to laugh at everything...I hope it's an indicator. Either that or Bryan is getting more hilarious.
LAUGHING: I laugh a lot when I'm not pregnant, but the littlest thing will set me off into giggling for a few minutes. It's bizarre, and it is nice to be laughing all the time. I am hoping the baby is going to be a laughing, hilarious baby, and this weird tendancy to laugh at everything...I hope it's an indicator. Either that or Bryan is getting more hilarious.
Stretchmarks: None yet. Thank my lotion.
Doctor’s Appointment: Yesterday. I'm gonna have to be a downer for a sec. I am disappointed. Firstly, I'm disappointed with my doctor's office. They're not mean or unethical or anything, but I do find them to be slightly inept in the brain area and totally apathetic about everything.
My nurse weighed me and it matched what I had at home (sometimes it doesn't) and I asked her what my weight gain was. It was 6 lbs on my records at home, and she says, "Around 10 pounds." I freaked out for a second, and I asked, "What was my starting weight?" She says the same number I had at home and replies, "I guess a little under 10 pounds." I reply, "I think it's 6 pounds." She says, "Man, you're good at math. I'm just terrible with that sort of thing." WHAT! I am trusting people like her to monitor my health and my baby's health?!
Lastly, I had my blood drawn for part two of a genetic screening, and the lady scratched me with the needle afterward! Agh.
Movement: I felt baby! Just last night when we were watching tv, I was laying on my side with my head in Bryan's lap and I felt something like a muscle spasm on the right where baby is. It was crazy! I can't wait for more movement and in a few weeks, the first kick.
Gender: We find out on Thursday, March 15 on my lunch break. It's another week and three days than I previously expected, but I keep telling myself that it's better than my grandmother's days when you found out after 9 months. I'm still hoping for a boy! I will begin taking bets as soon as I return from China.
Best moment of the week: Buying all my groceries for the week (at $49, no less!) and making Bryan a delicious meal of pesto chicken over angel hair pasta with alfredo sauce and homemade garlic bread. He was so happy that he made my homemade ice cream that wasn't finished until I'd already fallen asleep. Tonight, I'm eating it up!
What I’m looking forward to: Lunch tomorrow with our future nanny. I can't wait to get to know her better, share our plans and hear her rate (*fingers crossed for something reasonable*).
What I miss: Being in a bigger city with access to smarter doctors and nurses
What I've bought this week for baby: Nothing and no plans to buy this week. I received three maternity shirts from Bryan's mom that I love. One is fancy, one is dressy casual (work or weekend) and one is casual but I wore it yesterday to work since my boss is out of town! I have the best mother-in-law!
My mom booked a ticket for a weekend in April, and I'm so excited. She will help set up the nursery, and I'm relying on her for mad re-arranging skills. She will be able to look at our living room, nursery and spare room furniture and help to make it look the best and be functional. She has also promised to cook all weekend, so we can have a break! I'm excited for her to visit, and I'm lucky that she's able to make it up for my Oklahoma baby shower. I feel really lucky to have such supportive, loving parents on both sides of the family.

No comments:
Post a Comment