I love love. I love flirting. I love holding hands, kissing, cuddling, whispering in Bryan's ear and of course, doing the love. This day really isn't that big of a deal unless we make it.
Instead of focusing on presents or cards or whatever else people think of, I take this day as an opportunity to treat Bryan like I did when we first started dating, with little surprises and waking him up with kisses and holding hands in the car and texting sweet nothings. It's hard to be romantic every day, and today's a perfect reset button.
Go on, love your person. Kiss 'em. Grab 'em. Bang 'em. Do all the lovey stuff you love.
This morning I was late to work because I spent thirty minutes just being with Bryan this morning. Who wants to get ready when you can cuddle with your love on Valentine's day? Today, we're meeting up for lunch, and wherever we go whether it's a steakhouse or Mexican or McDonald's, I know it will be romantic because I'm with my love.
And for the first time in weeks, I will be making a gourmet dinner (no spaghetti with sauce from a jar or Kraft Mac-n-Cheese or takeout). I will be serving my love homemade ravioli with homemade alfredo sauce and yummy homemade garlic bread with delicious chocolate melting cakes for dessert. I am already hungry thinking about it.
I couldn't ask for a better man, a sweeter husband or a more loving best friend with whom to spend today.
Happy Valentine's Day, loves!



No comments:
Post a Comment