Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm there with him.

Bryan ran into one of my friends who is an advisor at the university. I used to see her a lot since our jobs sometimes overlapped on the same student. 

She has a very cute baby boy and a few times when she just got back from maternity leave, she came and sat in my office and talking about pumping and working and how cute our babies are.

I haven't seen her except once (in line at chickfila) since I quit my job.

Well Bryan said he had a good chat with her. He said she asked if I was happy and I told her that you were really happy. 

Really happy.

I probably would have described myself as happy. But maybe I am really happy. There are some not fun things and some less than exciting moments, hell, afternoons. There are crying fits and repetitive games and changing diapers. 

But I'm the one there. I'm there with him.

He's crying and then I can comfort him or fix the problem or (if it's unreasonable crying) talk him through it, validate and then offer something else more fun or appropriate. 

He's gets all the flash cards out of a box, puts them on the floor, then puts them back in the box. Only he can't quite so it, so I help him. 

I'm there with him. 


I think it's great for him to be around me. I am the one to teach him things, to show him how to have fun and make sure he's going out and about, going outside, getting alone time, napping. I like being the schedule keeper. 

Also, I think it's great for me to be around him. Truly, I have changed. It's only been a month and a half, but my mood, my default self is so much better. 

I'm not rushed. I know that I have more time in my day and also that Bradley is newly mobile. 

I'm relaxed. If chores get done, awesome. If not and all I did was nap when Bradley napped, also awesome. It will get done.

And, I guess, I'm really happy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment