Ok, this probably isn't interesting, but I am fascinated. My days are totally different now. More flexibility but still a routine.
-----
6:30-7:15. Bradley starts babbling or crying, I get up, wash my face and then go get Bradley. We sing songs, put away his pacifier and blanket, and nurse.7:30. Bryan wakes up, says good morning to us, and jumps in the shower. We read books, change diaper, get dressed, play around until Bryan is dressed.
7:45. We all go to the kitchen for breakfast. Bradley gets plain Cheerios, milk and fruit. Bryan gets black coffee and honey nut Cheerios. I pour a water and then go get dressed in gym clothes.
8. We all put on shoes. I grab a banana, water bottle and my purse. Bryan buckles up Bradley and I drive to campus to drop off Bryan.
8:10. Bradley and I get to the gym. Bradley goes to the child watch and I hit the treadmill. Run, bike, lift, floor exercises.
9:15. Get Bradley and go run errands/library story time/go home.
9:30-10:30. Get home. Play with Bradley until A) one big meltdown or B) Bradley signing sleep. Change diaper, give Bradley his pacifier and turn on music. Nap time for Bradley. Sometimes nap time for me. Other things: tv time, chore time, Internet time, shower time, phone date, or do homework.
12:30. Bradley wakes up. MWF, we go get Bryan to do lunch. T/TH, Bradley and I make something at home.
1:00. Playtime. Sometimes we go outside with a ball or walk to a park or have a play date or play Legos or read books or whatever.
2:30. Snack time. A little bit of goldfish for both of us.
3. Diaper change, music on and put Bradley in his crib. Sometkmes he naps, sometimes he babbles.
3:45. Go get him only to find him playing his "No!" game. This entails me walking in to pick him up but him pretending to be asleep or crawling away from me in the crib while saying "Noooooooo!" and laughing hysterically. I laugh, too, because it is hysterical.
4:00. Yes, that game lasts a long time. Then we call Bryan and see how he's doing. If he's hungry, I start dinner while Bradley colors or plays with our tupperware cabinet. If he's not that hungry, we play or go outside or watch Elmo videos (omg post coming later about Elmo. Sigh.) or whatever.
5-5:30. Bryan gets home from work. He plays with Bradley while I get started on dinner or finish up cooking. Sometimes I enjoy a glass of wine. It's a beautiful, quiet time when I can cook alone and hear those guys in the living room playing.
6:00. Eat dinner. Bradley eats what we eat, just cut up small and separated. If he won't eat anything (rare) or our food isn't that healthy (sometimes), we make him a hot dog with cheese, green pepper and whatever else we've got. He always gets to pick fruit for dessert and I actually let him eat until he signs all done.
6:30. Operation Bedtime: Bradley gets a bath, then brush teeth, pajamas and 3 books. Pacifier, blanket and one song.
Sometimes he falls asleep in my arms but usually he isn't. He pets his hair and stays up babbling or lies quietly depending on how tired he is.
7. Bryan and I get our time. We clean the kitchen and talk about our days. I show him all the videos and pictures I took during the day. Then we sit down to watch tv or play games or whatever.
11. Bedtime for me. Bryan stays up to play games.
Life is pretty good right now.





























No comments:
Post a Comment