Oh, I love this show. I watched it religiously in college (2006) and even planned my class schedule so I could come back to my apartment for lunch but also for What Not to Wear.
For those of you who don't know this show, two amazing stylists named Clinton Kelly and Stacey London ambush someone nominated by their friends and family as a poor dresser. They bring said person to NYC, trash their clothes, give them rules and have them go shopping in NYC to buy a new wardrobe. The next day, Clinton and Stacey show the person how to dress their body and style tips. Then they get their hair and makeup done and do a big reveal.
Amazing.
Well, it comes on twice a day, 11 and 2 which happen to be right during Bradley's naps. So I watch two episodes a day. (Side note: that sounds sooooo lame.)
Anyways, I cleaned out my closet.
Now, the only things in my closet fit, look great and are great for fall. Feels great.
Today, Bryan hung out with Bradley so I could get my nails done. And then, I got my hair did.
Tomorrow: makeup!
This is so stupid, but What Not to Wear is really more than the clothes and the rules and the shopping. It's about patterns. Why do we dress how we do?
I donated three bags of clothes and sold one big one. What was in there? Clothes that were gray or navy or black. Clothes that were XS. Clothes that were shapeless. Clothes that just didn't look good.
It's so dumb, but now everything I have to wear makes me feel great. Which made me want to do something different with my hair. Which I love and makes me feel great.
I finally feel myself. Even, I feel beautiful. I feel important.
So, hello fall. I'm ready!


No comments:
Post a Comment