Sunday, February 21, 2010

Why My Mom is Awesome


1. She always answers no matter if she's at work, home or on the road. That is love.
2. She bought a webcam as soon as she heard about Skype, and we talk often over Skype.
3. She hates that I live far away, but she will never ask me to move or discourage Bryan and my careers in order for us to be closer.
4. She bought me the most perfect pink cardigan for Christmas from a store she never shops in but one that I love.
5. She bakes the most incredible chocolate chip cookies.
6. She never once told me or any of my sisters that we were fat. We all three grew up with incredible self confidence in our bodies.
7. She stood firm on issues of morality despite what the "cool" parents were doing. She intervened when she learned I was smoking pot and when I was getting too physical with my high school boyfriend.
8. She always takes off work anytime that I visit home, and she fully devotes her time (and her facebook status) to me.
9. She sends cards on every birthday, holiday, anniversary and they show up on exactly the right day.
10. She doesn't understand much about the arts, but she fully supports my exploration in comedy, writing and filming. She is my biggest fan.
11. She will always love me. No matter what.

2 comments:

  1. This post is simply amazing. Seriously, Alyssa. It brought a tear to my eye. It makes me miss my mom even more... thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Molly, I love you. I love my Mom, too.

    ReplyDelete