Monday, February 15, 2010

North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival

This week I'm spending time in my old stomping grounds: The DSi Comedy Theater in Carrboro, North Carolina. Not just for DSI, but for the incredibly awesome improv festival that's the best in the country. It's been rebranded and is now four weeks of comedy under The North Carolina Comedy Arts Festival.

I love this festival, and this will be my fifth year of attendance. It's a great way to reconnect with other improvisers (which later proves useful if you move somewhere like Carrboro or Philadelphia, because you can instantly find your home). It's an awesome way to see what other improv is out there and to get a lot of quality comedy in a row. I've grown up as an improviser at this festival, and I've grown even more as a member of the DSI Comedy Theater company. I would not be as successful with my new group The N Crowd of Philadelphia if I had not trained my heart out with DSI.

Here's some memories in picture form:

DSIF 2008: before our Red Letters performance


DSIF 2007: Hanging out before a Death by Roo Roo Show

2008: the weekend I moved to NC

The summer of 2008: teaching improv to kids


NCCAF 2009: performing in ComedySportz

Here's to another great festival, with friends, my hilarious husband and new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment