
Every woman must someday leave the home of her mother and build her own home. As a lady lives on her own, she'll start to develop her own cleaning habits. I, having lived on my own for five years now, feel that I have gained enough insight into my own living style that I can properly compare my cleaning standards to my Mom (who I love and admire). I have no idea how she kept the house so clean over the years with THREE daughters.
Changing the bedsheets
Mom: Every Saturday morning
Me: Every other week (I'm embarrassed.)
Vacuuming the House
Mom: Every other day
Me: I aim for weekly, but often find myself going longer in between vacuums
Doing the Dishes
Mom: What seems like hourly
Me: Thankfully, I've recruited Bryan to this task. Whew.
Washing the Laundry (and folding and delivering it!)
Mom: Daily
Me: When I have no more clean clothes that are cute enough to wear
Clearing the Kitchen Counter of Clutter
Mom: Daily
Me: Daily (finally! something rubbed off on me!)
I know I'm young, but when my Mom was my age, she had two kids already and a giant home to clean, cook for and care over. I'm thankful to have no kids, a place just right and a husband who pitches in with the laundry, the trash and the dishes. It seems I have a lot to learn from my mom. Hopefully, her skills are something that will appear in me within the next few years. I sure could use a little bit of a cleaner home.
No comments:
Post a Comment