With summer months and bikini sales approaching fast, I've been really serious about working out.I've found a beautiful hour and a half of my day at the gym. I drop in, sign up for my treadmill, hit the mat for some strength exercises, then hit the treadmill for interval training and then stretch for a good fifteen minutes. It's wonderful. I get a chance to read all my magazines that sit dusty on my coffee table, think about all the crazy things happening in my life right now, listen to my awesome 90s hip hop mix and enjoy the solitude in the presence of lots of women getting theirs.
The whir of the treadmill belt, the beat of women's sneaks on the machines, the light murmur from the weight area, the Destiny's Child bumping in my ear: it's perfect. It's my escape, and it's also my means to a bangin' bikini body. Summer of 2010 is the summer of hot.
Ugh. I so wish I had your motivation.
ReplyDeleteIt starts out small - sometimes I only make it to the gym once a week. But going is the big thing. I struggled for the first six months of my gym routine, but now it's good, it's easier but still challenging. I actually enjoy it now.
ReplyDelete