Today, I trained the nanny. It was way easier than I anticipated. I pretty much worried all morning, whining to Bryan about all the things that could go wrong or I'd forget to tell her.
She came right on time and I showed her the ropes right away. She learned where things are, what he wears, how to change his diaper, how to calm him, where he likes to be pet, how to hold him, how often I like her to wash her hands, where to write down feedings and naps, where to find phone numbers, what to do in an emergency. Bryan said I was in training overdrive. But whatever, I'm paying her really well and she's watching my only kid and I'm a first time mom. I'm allowed to be crazy.
He was so good, and I think I'll be okay going back to work. Thankfully, she's going to do his afternoon nap so that he wakes up right when I get home an I can immediately have a happy, freshly changed baby. It might be nice.
Next week is crazy. We are meeting with insurance to update our life policy, I'm getting a massage, a haircut and a new outfit for the first day back. Also our nanny has her first full day with Bradley and I'll try to stay away. And next Saturday is Bryan's birthday. I can't wait!
Maybe this new work-life routine will actually be good for me. And for Bradley.



No comments:
Post a Comment