Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thoughts on my first week back to work

I have a new normal.

And it's actually pretty decent.

On my desk sits this cutie. He inspires me, and he is a great ice breaker for people who say they missed me while I was on leave. Well, excuse me, I was making this baby fat and happy.


Let me give you a tour of my new office.


I like it. I'm in the office right next to the Executive Director, and I feel more important.

Bradley had the worst day yesterday. He got his two month shots and was screaming (in pain, I think) after his afternoon nap for an entire hour and couldn't be consoled. After calling our favorite pediatrician, we got the okay to give him baby Tylenol. He took it like a champ and within twenty minutes had calmed down. Poor guy.

My days begin around 4 or 5. Whenever Bradley wakes up, I feed him, then pump and then try to sleep until 6:30. Then I hurry to get ready before he wakes up but before the nanny comes so I can cuddle him. And then Bryan and I head to work.

The best part of my day is lunch!!
I get to hang out with this guy!
And I just love it. He gets excited - or at least I like to pretend that he does when he hears my voice. He starts to fuss as I wash my hands and always stops when he finally gets into my arms.
I love it. And I hurry home from work so I can cuddle him up before bed. Thankfully, he takes a long afternoon nap and I get to be the one to wake him up - usually.

Life is good. I miss the days on the couch in my pajamas, but I really like being back at work, wearing heels, having meetings, hearing "Nicely done, Alyssa" and fixing problems for our students.

Tonight, they're having a World Fair and I've had several kids come by to invite me to come. You can bet your ass I'll be there - and with my baby and husband. Japanese curry? K-Pop dancing to Gangham Style? I'm so there.

No comments:

Post a Comment