I'm in LA in one of the country's busiest airports laying on three chairs at my gate to board my flight to Houston, then one more one hour delay before I'm on my way to Tulsa to my awesome husband and my fat baby.
So how was the trip?
The short version: great!
The long (blog) version:
I entered the airport on Sunday after Bryan and Bradley dropped me off and the walk to the ticket counter almost made me cry. But I didn't.
I arrived in Vancouver at 9:30 and my Chinese counterpart took me to hot pot to discuss our agreement, new policy and catch up. I was exhausted from travel, but it was great to jump straight into work. I didn't get to my hotel until 1am (3am Oklahoma time), and I put on pjs, thought about tv and instead passed out.
Day 1: the day began with a business breakfast, a tour of the campus, a meeting with marketing, a meeting with admissions, pump break, tour of other locations, meeting with directors, lunch at sushi place (I think I ate an entire tuna fish!), back to head office for meetings with admissions and recruiters, then a pump break.
We had thirty minutes to shop before dinner, so I hit baby Tommy Hilfiger and got the CUTEST polo onesies - one f which he's gonna wear for his pro photos. Then we ran over to dinner which was so delicious: red Thai curry chicken and veggies with rice and naan bread. Dinner was informal business but a lot of relationship building - my favorite part of these trips.
I declined an opportunity to eat "Vancouvers best cheesecake" so I could get my first night of sleep without Bradley and with more than five hours. I slept from 10-5am. It was incredible.
Day 2: woke for a business breakfast at a French bakery. Oh. My. Gawd. This was the best meal I've ever eaten (pics on my nice camera). Monsieur Benedict: ham, gruyere cheese, poached egg, roasted tomato butter on focaccia bread with fresh fruit. To die for!! An then of course, chocolate croissants! They were so good we ordered 15 for the meetings that day!
So we went to the other partners head office where I ran my first important meeting. It was surreal to step out of body and look down at myself discussing policy, demanding changes and standing firm on what my boss and I decided last week. As I sat in my tiny black dress and 4 inch heels, I thought, this is the me I love! This is the career woman I want to be!
So that meeting went for three hours. A lot of debate, but in the end, the recommendations and changes I needed to see were accepted and I think it's going to help everyone. I'm so pleased with myself - and I can't wait to tell my boss! Can you say bonus?
So then I trained the agents and admin staff about NSU and admissions. And then we went for lunch...at 2:30pm. It was delicious, of course, and it was over at 3:45. My flight left at 6, ao I had just enough time to pack the gifts from our partners and pump before I had to go.
I barely made it to the gate on time because of us customs and because I needed a cookie. But I did.
And now I'm laying in LA. I haven't thought much about my family because I've been so busy (and doing what I love), but now I'm ready to be in Bryan's arms and to have my little fat dude in my arms. Just a few more hours!



No comments:
Post a Comment