Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bradley Douglas: Four Months

On November 26, Bradley was four months old.

To be honest, it's been the longest four months of my life.

Bradley is a really cool baby. He's still really chill, adorably chunky and serious. I love him.

He's outgrown all his 3-6 month outfits, and he's currently wearing 6-9 month clothes. When he's wearing clothes. He pretty much hates clothes. When he's naked, he's the happiest baby alive. We try to avoid changing outfits unless he's messed himself because he hates putting on clothes. He will put up with a onesie, but if you try to put him in pants, a jacket or socks, he'll give you the stink eye and make it as difficult as he can for you to put them on him.

Developmentally, he's getting more fun. There are ways to make him laugh (sometimes), and he's smiling whenever he sees me or Bryan, and now the nanny! It's sweet. He's "talking" more and more each day. He's grabbing things still, and pretty much everything goes in his mouth. He likes to watch tv (I am not okay with this, but Bryan thinks it's good....more thoughts later), loves to watch Bryan pick up around the house (so much so that he stops nursing to see what Bryan is doing), loves to see his reflection and laugh at the chunky baby.

He has rolled over twice, but that's it. I don't think he really cares to roll over. I don't care if he rolls over. I told Bryan I would prefer for him to be stationary so I can know where he is - and I'm not ready to baby proof the house yet.

He LOVES to stand. It is his favorite way of being. If he sits too long, he'll cry. He'll cry until you help him stand. He can actually hold most of his weight - it's the balance that he has trouble with. He loves standing and looking around. I think he feels cool.

He's pretty cool. We've taken him to Tulsa about every other weekend since he's been born, and he does well. He loves high ceilings and bright lights and females like waitresses or store employees. He travels so well - we had two big family trips this past month, and he did wonderfully! Despite being on eight airplanes, waking up early, staying up past bedtimes, skipping naps, being passed around like an offering plate, and constantly being in new places. We had a few meltdowns, and we learned a few things about Bradley. He's not a fan of large, loud groups: it makes him nervous and he cries. He needs to nurse often when we're away, when he's feeling uncomfortable I'm his best calming method.

His favorite toy is his foxy squirrel. Not only is it the toy that makes him laugh, but its skinny arms make it really easy for him to hold...and shove into his mouth. He loves anything that makes music, so we might be addicted to buying baby Einstein toys. He still loves to eat burp cloths.

He's teething. Enough said.

He's really interested in the idea of drinking. We have been using the high chair for meals, so Bradley allows both of us to cook and eat without holding a baby. It's been great for patience but now for inclusion in family dinner. He loves to watch us drink. He will stare at the cup, then watch us drink and watch us put it back. The food: not as interested. I am considering using a sippy cup, so he can see what this whole drinking thing is all about!

He got his shots yesterday, and the poor guy had a tough time because his legs were sore. I just cuddled him up and made him feel as comfortable as possible. I am thankful for a strong husband who takes Bradley for his shots because there is no way I could do it!

His measurements:
Height 25.5 inches (75%)
Weight: 17.5 lbs (75%)
Head: 75%

We asked the pediatrician about starting solids (I really want to!), but the pediatrician said, "No, I think your baby is chunky enough as is. He's getting everything he needs from mom." But, we are allowed to let him take a taste. Which should be fun!

I love this guy, and I definitely think I love him more the longer we have him. I'm excited to see him at Christmas, and I selfishly hope that no one buys me a present for the baby. I'm still me!

No comments:

Post a Comment