Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday's Tiny Thoughts from My Brain

It's been a long week already, and it's only Tuesday. I am exhausted by my coworkers and their very long stories which keeps me from getting my work done, or worse, interrupting my breaks on The Nest and The AV Club.

I have been working out for two weeks now, five days a week, and I'm seeing great results. My legs look hot, and my clothes fit, some are even too big! Even Mr. Grumpy Morning has started waking up at 6:30 with me to lift weights and share a healthy breakfast with me.

Yesterday, I bought a table from a lady off Craigslist. We met in the Lowe's parking lot, exchanged money for table and then I bought some sweet stuff to make it look awesome. Pictures and process to come.

The tornado weather is pretty scary. We lost power last night, but it's nothing compared to what our neighbors in Joplin (an hour and a half away) had. I'm not sure how to feel or what to write about this.

A student of mine is getting married this weekend, and I'm encouraging everyone at the library to write some advice for her on some paper hearts like this one. I have seen some good advice. I wrote: Kiss each other at hello, goodbye and just because. I believe kissing is a huge part of keeping the love and being sweet. You can't kiss someone you just were an asshole to.

Memorial Day is Monday. I don't have to work; Bryan doesn't have to teach. We're hosting a party (and the debut of my fried chicken) on Sunday, and I plan to do absolutely freaking nothing on Monday. Well, maybe I'll make a pizza. And watch Back to the Future. And nap for ridiculous amounts of time. And beat Bryan in Dominion. Yeah. C'mon, Monday. Get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment