Thursday, May 5, 2011

Lady Makes Pizza

Last night, I made one of Bryan's favorite dinners: homemade pizza. I stole the recipe from AllRecipes.com

It's super easy. You'll need one chicken breast (cooked), half a green pepper slice, enough red onion to fit your liking, some BBQ sauce (ours was from another economist's line of BBQ sauce) and some pizza dough. Roll the dough, cook it for 3 minutes, add the BBQ sauce, top with toppings, sprinkle lightly with cheese (this pizza is more about the toppings than the cheese). Viola! Done!

Unless...your homemade Jiffy Pop pizza dough doesn't turn into dough after you mix it with hot water and let it sit. Too bad that you followed all the directions correctly, your dough still looks like cake batter. I searched online, and NOTHING helped. Apparently, no one else has ever had this problem of runny pizza dough. What the heck!?

Bryan had to run to give his exam, so he didn't even get to eat any pizza! I was determined that the dough would eventually be my bitch yummy dinner. I let it sit for an hour. I stirred it. I let it sit for another hour. I ate a mini bag of Cheetos. I stirred it some more. Finally, I covered the counter with flour (probably a full cup) and dumped the watery "dough" onto it. After another cup of flour and a good twenty minutes of what I (probably couldn't) call kneading, I had something like dough. I threw it in the oven, and after baking for 3 minutes, it resembled dough. Whew! By 8:30pm, I had myself a full pizza. Which was great because Bryan came home at 8:45 and got to enjoy the scrumptious BBQ Chicken Pizza.

Jiffy Pop, we aren't friends anymore. I'm returning to Pillsbury refrigerated pizza dough. So eat that!
Side note: it was delicious. I highly recommend this "easy" week night dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment