Saturday, July 28, 2012

welcome Bradley

On Thursday, July 26 at 3:46pm, Bradley Douglas Buckley was born.



I couldn't believe what was happening, that my son was born, that the cute anonymous fetus that rolled around inside of me was out, that the little human Bryan and I created was in my arms.

He's so cute. He's actually cuter than I thought he would be. Bryan let me be the one to name him. It was a crazy moment when I saw him for the first time and said, I love you, Bradley.



And I do. At first, it was too surreal and I didn't quite believe that the little infant in front of me was our son. I didn't instantly connect. But after not sleeping the first night, just staying awake holding him and staring at him and talking to him, I fell in love.



These are all pictures from my phone, and this post is written on my phone. I've been writing this over the last two hours in between feeding and sharing him with Bryan.



My favorite thing about him has to be his hair. He's got a mohawk thing happening. I love it!

I'm also a huge fan of how much he loves me. Hell cry when the nurses take him away and stop when he's back in my arms. I think I am his favorite, and it makes my heart swell.

And his fingers. Those are so cute.

Bradley is a perfect mix of both me and Bryan. I can't see myself in him (except his facial expressions, those are totally me) or Bryan in him (except the upper lip). I can't wait to see his features develop.

I'm in love. And we are happy. Crazy, tired and learning lots, but so happy.

(more updates and pics to come)

1 comment:

  1. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! congratulations! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO happy for you two! he is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete