Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 38 Weeks

How Big is Baby: pumpkin, 18 inches, 6-8 lbs
How Far Along: 38 Weeks

Weight Gain: 34 pounds. 1 pound gain this week. I did it. I stayed under 35 pounds!

Sleeping: I can't stay asleep. I'm awake thinking about the baby, about the room, about whether I should get up to pee or wait a little longer. And I'm snoring. It's not pretty.

Food Cravings: sweets like brownies, cookies, cake, pudding

Food Aversions: none

Symptoms: 
swollen feet - what else is new?
lack of appetite - I'll eat because I have to, but it's not a huge priority for me
gas - ugh

Doctor's Appointment: I have one today (Wednesday) at 1:30. After a seemingly regular checkup, she sent me straight to the hospital due to high blood pressure, protein in my urine and my swelling. I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia where the only cure is delivery of the baby.  So off we went.

Movement: He's active. I know I'll miss this the most when I'm not pregnant.

Gender: Boy. Still no name. Deciding between a long list now that the top name is out.

Best Moment of the Week: presenting my report for the fall 2012 enrollment: I successfully recruited the largest cohort of new international students at NSU ever. Booyah.

What I'm Looking Forward to: seeing what our baby looks like!

What I Did/Got For Baby: We packed up our bags and put them in the car. Bryan installed the car seat in the car. We made a double batch of cheesecake ice cream (super important that I get calcium, you know?). We cleaned the whole house and started cleaning the garage.

What I Learned This Week: Life is crazy unpredictable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment