How Big is Baby: honeydew, 18 inches, about 5 pounds
How Far Along: 36 weeks
Weight Gain: 32 pounds. No gain this week. I've been eating well, but shouldn't baby have gained something this week??
Sleeping: I slept pretty horribly while Bryan was gone, but since Monday night, I've slept soooooooo well. I sleep through the whole night, and I only wake up once to pee!
Food Cravings: sweets. cookies!
Food Aversions: fast food (even the sight of it on tv makes me gross)
Symptoms:
Swollen feet/ankles/calves - This is really concerning. I've had swollen feet since Sunday night. I hate it, and it's awful to walk. I am walking on balloons.
BH Contractions - Infrequent, but more often.
Pelvic Pain - Sometimes there is a shooting pain down there.
Doctor's Appointment: I had one today. My midwife is worried. She wanted to put me on bedrest, but with three people recently quitting, I just can't! I begged and begged, and she has now mandated half days starting on Monday.
She was really worried about my swelling. Even though I have no other symptoms of pre-eclampsia (my blood pressure is fine, there's no protein in my urine, my bloodwork is great, and my weight gain has been steady/not there), she says it could happen at any time. So we're looking out for me. I'm doing another 24 hour urine sample, another ultrasound (check on the baby) and more frequent appointments.
I also got the prediction that she thinks I won't make it to my due date. I'm scared (and emotional about this), but Bryan is excited. He wants this baby now. I'm not ready, and I'm feeling so overwhelmed that I'm just scared. I don't know if I can handle being a mom!
Movement: Baby moves a lot, and he loves to move at times when I feel lonely. It's sweet to have a baby with me all the time. I will miss this part of pregnancy, the rolls and the quiet kicks. One thing that's super cute is that the baby will move to the side that Bryan's on. I love this! I think he's the favorite already. How can I compete?
Gender: Boy. Damn, we need to choose a name. I am tired of people suggesting names. This week, I got "Bryan Jr." or "Junior" or "Bryant" or "Bryson." Okay, we know the names we're thinking of, and those aren't them. You know it.
Best Moment of the WeekI: Picking up Bryan from the airport and having him home. There's nothing more comforting than having someone to snuggle or waking up to someone. I love that.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Nothing right now. I'm scared of the tests, of the results, of everything. I'm just not there.
What I've Got for Baby: Bryan's mom bought a bunch of cute onesies for the baby while Bryan was home with her. I wish I could've been there for the shopping, but I'm glad Bryan and his mom got to have some sweet memories picking out cute clothes for the baby. I know that baby will know how much he is loved.
What I've Learned this Week: Swelling isn't good. Even if you are eating well, drinking LOTS of water, resting with your feet up and have good blood pressure, your body could still kick out a baby. Thankfully, I'm 9 months pregnant now. I've got a full-term baby. He could use some more time, obviously, and I'm hoping he stays in as long as possible, but I am thankful that we will have a healthy baby.
Geez. I'm overwhelmed.

you got this, love. you're going to be SUCH a good mommy!
ReplyDelete