Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks


How Big is Baby: coconut, 17-19 inches, 4-6lbs
How Far Along: 35 Weeks

Weight Gain: 32 pounds. Three pounds this week. Perhaps it was all the ice cream,  but maybe it's all baby. We'll see what the midwife thinks...at this point, I'm over caring. I'm big and I'm pregnant. Shove it.

Sleeping: Besides last night (where I got only 4 hours of sleep and no middle of the night bathroom trips), I've been sleeping well. I'm hot, and I can barely stand the sheet. We have the A/C set to 72, the overhead fan on and a little box fan next to my side of the bed. I wake up anywhere from two to six times a night to pee. It's getting old.

Food Cravings: I've been craving ice cream. All. The. Time.

Food Aversions: nothing really

Symptoms:
Swollen feet - I can't escape this. I rest them, I drink water and I try to make them go away.

BH Contractions - I get them, and actually, as I'm typing, I'm having one right now. It's the perfect excuse to practice my breathing techniques and meditation.

Fatigue - I am sooooooooooooo tired. If I get lots of sleep, I'm still sleepy. I need naps, and lots of 'em.

Doctor's Appointment: I've got one tomorrow morning. My weekly appointments begin. I also begin to have internal checks.

Movement: Baby is rolling around like a cute baby. He loves the night time. I can't wait to see him move outside of me.

Gender: Boy.

Best Moment of the Week: Probably last night. We bailed on a party early so we could go home and watch Alien and stay up late talking about politics, religion, ethics and philosophy until the early morning hours. I love that we can still talk  (or not talk) for hours.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa day tomorrow. I'm spending the whole day at the spa with a massage and an hour long pedicure (what will they do to my feet for an hour??). I'm also going to lunch at PF Changs and then wandering home to relax all weekend long.

What I've Got for Baby: Nothing really. I plan to wash some of his clothes and his sheets. Can you believe it's that time?

What I've Learned this Week: What could be a challenge can turn into opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment