How Big is Baby: winter melon, 19-21 inches, about 6-8 pounds
How Far Along: 37 weeks - FULL TERM!
Weight Gain: 33 pounds. 1 pound gained this week. I may actually stay under 35 pounds! How did I do it? I have no idea, man.
Sleeping: I am sleeping pretty well. I go to bed around 11 or 12 and sleep until morning with anywhere from two to six pee breaks throughout the night. I love naps, and I've been taking one every day now. I'm also great at sleeping in!
Food Cravings: wine! rare steak, Kraft mac-n-cheese
Food Aversions: fast food, nothing else really
Symptoms:
Swollen feet/ankles: But what else is new?
Braxton Hicks contractions: Getting ready for the big day!
Fatigue: naps and sleep are my favorite pastimes
Thirst: I drink water a lllllll day long
Doctor's Appointment: I saw my midwife on Monday. My 24 hour urine sample was perfect, my blood draws were great and my weight gain is right on track (if a little under). My blood pressure was high at 140/92, but she isn't too concerned since we're getting so close to the end - and since there's no other symptoms.
I have a visit on Friday, too, to see if my blood pressure has stayed the same, gone down or risen. She predicts I'll have my baby before my due date.
Movement: Baby has been moving less, probably because there's less room in there. He still loves some dub step music, especially PantyRaid's Get the Money. So weird! I can feel him very low, and I know he's ready to make an exit soon! He is still most active at 10:30 at night. I'm so curious to see if this continues outside the womb.
Gender: Boy. Two of my friends recently had babies and BOTH of them named them one of my top two names. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if this is a trend. Either way, I'm leaning toward the other name. But then again, I feel no need to name my son before he is born. I think when I see him, I'll know. And if I don't, then, well...we can worry about that then.
Best Moment of the Week: Our spontaneous trip to Tulsa. After spending three days on bed rest and getting skinny, skinny ankles, I was dying to leave the house. So we made the trip and did what we do best: shopped. We walked the mall, we bought a new computer (you know, so we can edit baby video and baby pictures), some things for the nursery, some things for me, some special candy from the candy store (can you get sugar-covered coke bottles anywhere else?), some Firehouse subs (I'm addicted!) and just wandered around at our own pace. Because we can. And we won't be able to anytime soon after the baby comes.
Side note: my feet blew up, so it really probably was our last trip to Tulsa until we've got a baby. Although, the Dark Knight comes out this weekend...and I'd love to see it in iMax. We'll see how the weekend goes.
What I'm Looking Forward to: seeing our baby. I want to see him and hold him and bring him home to his cute cute nursery!
What I've Got/Did for Baby: All his newborn (all four outfits) and 0-3 months clothes, his blankets, his burp cloths, his sheets, his changing pad cover, his stuffed animals, his socks have all been washed. In special fragrant-free detergent on delicate. And then folded and put away. It's so surreal to have his room ready to go!
We also finished up the registries and bought the remaining items: the bumbo seat, the pack-n-play, the diaper pail (please baby, don't poop too much), some organizers, some owl toys, an owl activity thing and a mobile (we're making our own....pictures to come - it was Bryan's idea!). I even kicked Bryan and his Diablo out of the nursery, and we set up a new computer game station (with the new computer) so baby won't have to listen to his dad killing demons.
What I Learned This Week: We are quickly running out of lazy weekends in bed and wandering around malls. This is getting real. Too real. It's happening too fast. I feel like just yesterday I was 30 weeks pregnant. These last 7 weeks have gone by too fast!


No comments:
Post a Comment