Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Brain Dump

Geez, I am so beat. My assistant is on vacation (her last two days off before my maternity leave), and I'm overwhelmed.

I'm working on my job, training new interns, training on the other staff member's job and meeting with newly accepted students. I have hardly had any time to decompress. It's been run run run all day.

I'm so swollen, even my fingers. And I'm having contractions. They're braxton hicks because they don't last more than a minute and aren't painful, but man, it's a little scary how many I've had today.

Bryan comes home from South Carolina today. I cannot wait. Not only could I use a little help with cooking dinners, but I need some loving. Some hugs, some cuddling, some petting. I miss him so much, and he's only been gone five days. It's probably the hormones, but I need him home.

My job has become wildly complicated and dramatic with the recent hire's quit. I'm forced to take on more job duties with the prospect of a big promotion after my maternity leave. I'm not sure how likely the promotion is as my current university has a lot of red tape for things like this, but it will be good to be the senior staff member and have the authority even if I don't have the appropriate title. more to come on this.

I'm stressed. I'm tired. And I'm emotional. It's really feeling like I need to have this baby and get my maternity leave started. I'm ready, baby. Let's do this. LESS THAN A MONTH! AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment