I went to the doctor for a TB scare after interacting with a few students who tested positive for TB. They squeezed me in on an hour's notice.
Nurse did the normal pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure, heart beat, all that jazz. I was surprised at the number on the scale, but I've come to expect surprise.
Doctor comes in and says we need to reweigh. Something must be wrong, she says. Back on the scale. That number can't be right. It is. She looks at me and back at the number.
I'm in trouble.
We get back in the room and she says, "Let's talk about your weight gain. Tell me what you've been eating."
Uh oh.
Damnit, guys. I've been eating GREAT. Protein, yogurt, watermelon, whole grain English muffins, bananas. Except for last weekend when I ate lots of cake, cupcakes, mousse, flautas, muffins and drank my weight in soda.
Apparently my snoring is due to my weight gain. And my swelling to my soda intake. And my soda intake is making me gain weight. EVEN IF IT IS SPRITE!
Hence the FIVE pounds I gained in a week.
So, she put me on a diet until Wednesday (my next appointment). I'm only allowed to consume water - and water with lemon. No soda, no coffee (not a problem), no tea, no caffine, no ice cream, no fast food (not a problem), no sweets. I'm supposed to do this all weekend until Wednesday.
If my swelling doesn't go down (she used a fancy word to describe how when she pushes on my calves or feet and the fingerprint stays indented - not good), then I'm on a diet for awhile. This really sucks. And it comes on the heels of doing really well. I really thought about not posting this, but I need to be honest with myself and with my ladies. I messed up.
Damnit.
oh man that is a BUMMER, dude. thanks for sharing. YOU GOT THIS, GIRL!
ReplyDelete