How Far Along: 27 Weeks: third trimester!

Total Weight Gain: 20 pounds. No weight gain this week. Today at the doctor, I was deemed "perfect" on my weight gain. Can I get a HOORAY? I am more of a "Whew!" but I am still pleased. 20 pounds in 27 weeks. Hopefully, I am going to continue this road of healthy weight gain. To be totally vain, I'm hoping that I gain under 35 pounds. We will see.
Sleeping: I'm sleeping fine, and I've gotten to be pro at switching sides in the middle of the night. I clamp a pillow between my legs and just rotate. Thankfully, my belly always follows. I sort of enjoy feeling the baby readjust to the new side (gravity). It's funny to me, and he is a good sleeper, so he doesn't kick me awake. My middle of the night peeing can be stopped! I stop drinking immediately after dinner and go right before bed. Last two nights, I slept through the night! I feel like I have conquered this. (Now watch me wake up every night from here on out.)
Food Cravings: WATERMELON. I ate half a watermelon in two days. I'm planning to finish the watermelon tomorrow. I can't get enough of it. I loooooooove it. I'm going to buy two for next week.
Food Aversions: Nothing really.
Symptoms:
Fatigue - I am exhausted by the end of the work day. I spend most evenings in my glider or laying on the couch in Bryan's lap. I am a fan of 10pm bedtimes and naps when I can get 'em.
Disbelief - I can't believe how quickly this is all happening. I am not yet ready to meet the baby, but I am so excited.
Doctor's Appointment: I had one this morning. My doctor said I was perfect on my weight gain! I got a finger prick and blood drawn from my glucose test. I will find out the results tomorrow (as will Bryan's mom about her scans. Big day for the lady Buckleys.)
I signed a bunch of paperwork and talked about my preferences for the birth. I need to do a whole post on this. Last night, we had the labor and delivery section of our birth class, and I learned lots of valuable information about how it works, what is possible and what requests I can make.
I begin seeing the doctor every other week starting now. I also have an updated due date: August 9 with a last day of baby inside me set for August 16. I have already starred this on my calendar! August is going to be a fun month..unless he comes early like my friend and then he comes on the weekend of my good friend Colette's wedding! Which would be awesome.
Movement: I feel him all the time. Mostly in the evenings after 8pm. Our newest fascination is having Bryan talk loudly near the belly, usually saying, "Hey, baby! Hey!" and feeling him move. I think the baby loves Bryan already. The other night, I was so hot that I took off all my clothes and set the a/c to 70 degrees, and as I lay watching Chopped in only my underwear, I could see my belly move! I could see him! It was crazy!
Gender: Still a boy. Bryan didn't like last week's name after using it for a few days, so we're using his top pick right now. To be honest, we can call the baby whatever now, but after going through labor, I'm pretty sure I have 100% of the say on the name. When they put that baby boy on me and I say his name, that'll be the name.Best Moment of the Week: It's a tie: this weekend's lazy fun AND spending all day yesterday with my 12 new recruits from China and Japan.
What I'm Looking Forward To: MY TRIP TO FLORIDA! I leave Friday morning and get back very late on Monday. I'm so excited! My baby shower, Michelle's 21st birthday, a short trip to Disney (for the baby, of course), my first Mother's Day, my Mother's Day with my mom, Bryan's mom, grandma and my aunt. It's going to be awesome! I can't wait. I am packing all my most belly-showing outfits, so I can show off the bump for all my family - both sides. This never happens: having everyone altogether. This weekend will be very special, and I know I will remember it forever.
What I've Got For Baby: This week, our dear friends Colette and Bryan sent us the CUTEST baby clothes. Check 'em out: a bib and a dinosaur sleeper. That's all for this week. I am sure next week, this part will be huge after the shower!What I've Learned This Week: SO MUCH.
There are three stages of labor:
STAGE 1: Early Labor and Active Labor
Early labor: Moderate to strong contractions which last 30 to 90 seconds and come at regular intervals. This is the time to shower, eat, change positions and relax.
Active labor: Contractions get stronger, last longer and come closer together. Don't feel bad about giving in to medication at this point. This is the time to head to the hospital.
STAGE 2: Birth of Baby
Time to deliver the baby: It can take a few minutes up to several hours. Pursh! Push while holding your breath, having your partner count slowly to 10.
STAGE 3: Delivery of Placenta
Baby is in your arms while the midwife delivers the placenta. This can take 5-30 minutes. Cuddle your baby, try to breastfeed and you will receive pain medication.
Also, I have determined the most important part of my birth plan. Post to come!

No comments:
Post a Comment