Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 29 Weeks

How Big is Baby: somewhere between 15 and 16.7 inches
How Far Along: 29 Weeks, when I hit 30 weeks I will freak out.

Total Weight Gain: 24 pounds. Which is one pound more than last week, but one pound less than Friday's visit. The weight gain scare on Friday really did freak me out. I was embarrassed, mostly. And frustrated because I actually have been eating well.

The doctor was pleased to see that I lost a pound over the weekend, and she says we will monitor this. BUT I'm allowed to have soda again. With moderation. Which means 3 a week. That is do-able.

Sleeping: I wake in the middle of the night occasionally just out of discomfort (still no middle of the night peeing!!) to switch sides. I love naps on the weekends, and I'm in bed before midnight almost every night.

Side note about snoring: I may have cured myself. After being totally embarrassed (and possibly because of my reduced swelling), I think I have eliminated snoring. For the nights after I started snoring, I tried to listen for my own snoring and stop it when I heard it. It probably makes me less of a deep sleeper, but I like not snoring! Bryan is amazed. I ask him, "Did I snore last night?" since I always fall asleep before he does, and he is shocked that the answer is no. Occasionally, he'll hear one single snore, but I'm back to being quiet! YES! I have blown his freaking mind.

Food Cravings: I've been craving sweet fruit like grapes and watermelon. Also cookies. I am in love with homemade cookies. Which I may or may not have baked last night.

Food Aversions: I'm still not a fan of meat. I'm eating it because it's good for me, but I'm not really digging chicken or pork. What I want is a nice delicious medium rare steak. Le sigh.

Symptoms:
Charlie Horses - These sucks! They hurt so bad! I get them in the middle of the night and wake up in extreme pain. My doctor says it's my shoes. They're too flat. But you try looking cute in a dress with sneakers...

Back Pain - I feel achey in my back most days. Sometimes even sitting in my comfy glider for too long is too much. I really like to lay down. Thankfully, I have another prenatal massage scheduled for this weekend. I love those.

Nothing else really. I've been pretty symptom-less this week. My swelling has gone way down. I have normal ankles, you guys!

Doctor's Appointment: This morning. Blood pressure was good, pulse was good, baby's heartbeat is good. Even my weight was good! Thank goodness. Aside from waiting ONE HOUR to be seen by the midwife after the nurse did my vitals, all was good.

Movement: This is probably the most active week baby has ever had. I feel him moving almost all day. He's started to become somewhat recognizable as in I can feel oh, that's a foot, that's a butt, that's his back. It's pretty cool. I really love feeling him move.

We also decided to do some music experimenting and it turns out baby has good taste in music. He moves most when we play dubstep and Postal Service. He calms down for Vampire Weekend and other chill songs. I think he just likes the bass. I haven't tried any Beethoven. Maybe we should, but both Bryan and I are pretty skeptical that music will have much of an effect on the baby later.

Gender: Boy. We are still undecided. I am thinking about posting a poll of our top names mixed with one odd one. I've posted on pregnancy boards and found that our top two names always come out on top. Choosing between them is tough!

Best Moment of the Week: spending a lazy Sunday with Bryan

What I'm Looking Forward to: my massage on Friday and the start of three day weekends (This weekend is a 4 day weekend because we have Monday off for Memorial Day!)

What I've Got for Baby: We pretty much finished the registries except for the big ticket items which we're waiting for the completion coupons for. We got the changing pad, changing pad cover, mattress protector, bottle warmer, bottles, nursing pads, vibrating bouncer, receiving blankets, diapers, my diaper bag, a onesie with a tie on it, and some other little things I'm probably forgetting. All we need now are wipes, the pack-n-play and bumbo seat. It's nice to not worry about those little details.

What I've Learned this Week: How important this baby is to family. He's almost a symbol of the future, a source of joy and expectation, a reminder of life, that change is inevitable.




People create their own questions because they are afraid to look straight. All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk.
-Ayn Rand


No comments:

Post a Comment