What a weekend.
Friday night, we called Bryan's parents about something silly like a receipt for a gift. Something felt off. I asked, and what we heard was scary. Bryan's mom's treatments haven't been working as well as everyone hoped. She's now on clinical trials. Damn. Please, please let her make it to August to meet her grandson.
Saturday, we slept in to a ridiculous noon. It was awesome. We cleaned up and hit Tulsa for a day of delicious food like PF Changs, shopping for baby stuff (gift card spendin'), movie watching (Dark Shadows was great!), and hand holding. A day with just Bryan. I love these.
Sunday, we were lazy bums, and it was awesome. We never got dressed and never left the house. We played games, ate leftovers, watched tv, napped (well, I did) and were bums. It was a perfect day. Bryan enjoyed some beers, and I made out with him just to taste that yummy beer taste that I've been missing. And because make outs are fun. We acted like stupid kids, tickling and laughing and refusing to go to bed at a decent hour.
This is a really sweet time in our marriage despite this being a very scary time in our lives.
This week is our first four day week, three day weekend. Here's to summer.


i love this post and i'm totally praying for bryan's mom. i know how scary that must be... love you both!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Molly. Love to you, too.
ReplyDelete