How Far Along: 26 Weeks, only 14 to go. That is just crazy. This is moving too quickly!

Total Weight Gain: 20 pounds. I hit it: 20 pounds. 2 pound gain this week. It's not as bad as I thought. I'm not really concerned with numbers: I'm concerned with how I feel and how I'm eating. I am over the numbers now.
Sleep: Sleeping just fine, but I am waking in the middle of the night to pee. It is super annoying! Most nights, it's twice a night. This has started all of a sudden, and I imagine it will stick with me until the end. I'm trying not to look at the clock or open my eyes too much so I can fall right back asleep. It is not very fun.
Food Cravings: I am craving salty. Also, my brain is forcing me to crave what's good for me: veggies, protein, calcium. Crave it!!
Food Aversions: I am still not a huge fan of meat. I'm not sure why, but chunks of meat just gross me out. I need to eat them, I know, for the protein, but I don't like it.
Symptoms: This week, I am starting to feel the pregnancy.
Emotions - I can't help but feel overwhelmed easily. I am fighting tears over the smallest mishaps. I am frustrated over little things, and I find myself closing my eyes and just breathing. Most of the time, I just want a nap.
Hunger - I must eat. Often. I can't eat much before I am full, so I must eat every two hours. I have stocked my work fridge with yogurt and my desk with nuts, so I don't go to vending machines out of desperation.
Pains - All over. My stomach will cramp (I think they are Braxton Hicks contractions) and it is slightly painful, definitely uncomfortable. My lower back hurts. My feet hurt. Just annoying little pains that will probably worsen as these last weeks pass. I've had an easy pregnancy so far, so I probably deserve all the little pains I'm feeling, but I don't enjoy them.
Foot in Rib - I've only felt this once, but baby pushed his foot into my rib. It wasn't a kick because it stayed there until I poked his little foot enough for him to move. Weird, uncomfortable and slightly adorable. It freaked Bryan out, though.
Doctor's Appointment: Wednesday, May 9. It will be my glucose test for gestational diabetes. I can't lie: I'm slightly nervous. I don't want to fail. They will do a one hour test, and if I fail, I have to reschedul to test again for the three hour test. I already don't like the blood drawing part, but this time, there's a pass/fail part. I know I can't study, and I just want the test to be fine. It's a mandatory test, and it's normal for all women to have the test, but I am just a little scared that I won't pass. Cross your fingers!
Movement: Baby is still a very chill baby, though I can feel him move during the day several times. He isn't kicking like most moms feel: he's moving, rolling or adjusting. Lately, he's been laying with his head and arms below my belly button on the right side with his legs above my belly button, one of his feet really likes to nestle on my left side under my rib. I can feel the outline of a tiny, tiny foot. It's a little creepy and a little adorable. I'm starting to wonder what he will be like outside of my uterus.
At nights, he is most active. I like to say he enjoys watching Chopped with me. He moves so much that I can see my belly move from the outside. He gets a good workout from about 8pm to midnight.
Gender: Boy. I think we've finally picked a name! We are calling him by his name between the two of us, and I may or may not have shared the name with one of my favorite couples just to tell someone! I worry about saying his name to anyone too early (especially moms) lest they get attached and we change our mind. I originally thought I wanted to name him Braden, but once we found out he was a boy, I didn't like the name anymore. Now, we will call our baby this name to see if we like it after using it for a little bit. We still have time to change it before he comes. I'll let you know as much as I tell the moms: B_________ Douglas Buckley. I like it.
What I'm Looking Forward To: a lazy weekend at home, cleaning out the closet in the nursery to make room for all the baby gifts we'll get in Florida, sleeping in and hanging out at home with Bryan
What I've Got for Baby: a cute cardigan and a onesie from BabyGap (on sale!), glider and ottoman (more for me than baby), baby's travel system (stroller and carseat) and some camis that actually reach over my belly!
What I've Learned this Week: We started our birthing class last night. One thing that really struck me as new information was the fact that we should plan to let me labor at home as long as possible.
She said that it's best to labor first at home, to shower, to eat one last meal (did you know there is no drinking or eating once you get to my hospital?), to lay in my own bed for a little bit. When the contractions get back or the pain gets strong, then it's time to head in. Thankfully, we live about five minutes from our hospital, so it won't be a long ride.
I'm not a huge fan of not eating during pregnancy, and apparently my midwife isn't either, but the hospital rules superceed preferences. Which is why I plan to eat some fruit or yogurt or something else light before heading to the hospital to labor. Next week, we talk about labor and birthing. I'm quite nervous as this is the part of pregnancy I've been avoiding thinking about.
No comments:
Post a Comment