Friday, May 18, 2012
Bye bye Fridays
We do what we want!
Today is my last Friday of work...actually until October. Fridays off begin next week and by the time they resume, I plan to be home on maternity leave with my baby.
Summer is just hours away. Three day weekends to take trips to Dallas, to Tulsa, to Fayetteville, to spend sleeping in and doing nothing. I am so ready, baby.
Also worthy of note:
I may have been responsible for the firing of several Chinese businessmen. My billionaire partner asked for an update on recruitment from that office, and well, it wasn't a pretty picture. Found out that many will not be working on Monday and that the office may be closing. Yikes.
My last plane trip and business trip is in two weeks. I'm going with the new hire for the office, and I'm quite excited. I will meet with our partners, sit in on some panels and eat delicious food.
The two front staff students I hired are working wonderfully. They are the best we've had - and the only two that I've trained from beginning to end. I am quite proud of this.
I have a personal assistant now! WHAT! I know. I love it. I'm training her to be able to handle things while I'm on maternity leave, but it's really wonderful to have a student staff member that is 100% dedicated to helping me. Plus, she's awesome and she's from Vietnam.
My family is departing for a 7 day Caribbean cruise which Bryan and I were SUPPOSED to go on, too. Until I got pregnant. I'm 5 weeks past the allowable date, and my midwife wouldn't lie to help me get on that fun ship. So I'm missing a family vacation. I'm pretty disappointed.
We put all the baby gifts away in the nursery. Baby needs no more towels, and lord, please no more bibs. Baby has 12!! He's probably good on clothes up until 6 months. He has the cutest stuff, though. I love looking through it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

WHAT? no more work fridays? THAT'S AWESOME. i'm kinda jelly. and look at you with your personal assistant! you so fancy!!
ReplyDeleteI know! I can hardly believe this. My summers are about to get good. An extra day on the weekend?
ReplyDeleteI also am excited about my little personal assistant. I feel so fancy!