Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 23 Weeks

Baby Size:  Pomegranate, 12 inches
How Far Along: 23 Weeks

Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds. 2 pounds this week. Exciting! My belly looks pregnant all the time now. I am not noticing much gain anywhere else really (thankfully), and I am happy to see a gain this week. After two weeks of no gain and weight loss, my grandmother was about to come force feed me to make sure I continued to gain! I ordered tiramisu last night to make sure the scale showed something.

Sleep: Sleeping just fine. I use a little throw pillow for my belly, but otherwise, I am sleeping normally.

Food Cravings: No real cravings. I love my water freezing cold. If it gets less than freezing, it's just not appetizing.

Food Aversions: Nothing really. Everything sounds pretty good.

Symptoms:
Belly button - it looks weird! It's not an outie, but it's not really an innie anymore. It's almost flush with my stomach. It's totally bizarre.

Difficulty getting up from the couch - Bryan has to pull me up or push me up to get me off the couch. I just get stuck. My belly is getting larger and I'm feeling the difference.

DVRing a Baby Story - I just started yesterday. I watched an episode and was doing fine until the birthing part. I was so scared, and then when the baby came out and was placed on the mom, I lost it. I just started bawling. I couldn't explain why, but it was crazy and unstoppable. I might need to remove that from our list of recordings.

Doctor's Appointment: April 17

Movement: Baby is moving often, and last night, Bryan saw my stomach move! Really weird, but very cool that he's getting bigger. More and more real.

Gender: Boy! I'm researching names. I'm fairly sure that we'll wait until the hospital to name him, but I'd like to know what other B names are out there! I've got a short list of four that we like, but I am taking suggestions.

Best Moment of the Week: Saturday. The napping and the pizza and the painting and the relaxing. I just love spending the weekends with Bryan, just us. There's only a few left before the baby comes. And I love seeing the baby's room come together. The paint looks awesome, and it is surreal that we are painting our baby's room. When did this happen?

What I'm Looking Forward To: My mom arriving tomorrow morning! The whole weekend should be great: baby shower, shopping, OKC show, hanging out. I'm so excited!

What I've Bought for Baby: Bryan's mom sent me Toms which is for my pregnant feet and thereby, for the baby. Baby got cute little socks from Aunt Nancy and Uncle Russ this past weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment