Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Mind Dump

I had the most incredible weekend. One of the best in awhile!

Friday evening, our students performed the last comedy show of the year with a fabulous improv mainstage show where our graduating senior guessed all 5 crazy things with nearly two minutes left. They performed their first sketch show, and it went beautifully (minus the awkward part where someone forgot the last line, but they improvised and recovered so I could black them out). We were so proud.

Saturday, we slept in, threw some clothes in a suitcase and ran away to Tulsa for a staycation. We had a delicious lunch at PF Changs (finally using our gift cards from Christmas), peeked at the overpriced adorable things at Pottery Barn Kids and bought gifts for each other at Banana Republic. I had my massage with Elisa, and it was glorious! She remembered me based on "how hot your back is" - apparently, my circulation is very good and because of me and the baby, the blood in my back makes me very hot to touch. Cool?

We walked around the mall, picked up a cute cardigan on sale for the baby, split a pretzel and just held hands as we window shopped. We've been doing this together for six years now. Weird. Then, Bryan got to pick the movie we saw: The Hunger Games in imax. He's read the book; I haven't. It was a great movie, but I'm not sure I love the story (kids killing kids: awful!) or the guy named Gale (what a lame name - not much better than Peeta).

We did our traditional Melting Pot anniversary dinner and they sat us in a corner booth, tucked far away from everyone else and we were hidden. It was so romantic. And for the first time, I wasn't too stuffed by dessert. In fact, I ate some of Bryan's entree! I was so hungry. It was the perfect pregnant dinner. And we ended with chocolate all over rice krispies, strawberries, cheesecake and brownies. We left the restaurant around 11:30 and drove to the aLoft hotel (which we love since staying there 3 years ago in Durham). It was so romantic!

We woke, had breakfast at Panera and then drove home to reality. Where our baby stroller/carseat was waiting for us and our house that needed cleaning.

On Sunday, we spent the evening at a local camp celebrating our improv team's success with awards, food and games. I played volleyball and probably shouldn't have. Where I dove (I know, I know, Bryan wanted to kill me) really hurts and where I hit the ball on my forearms is swollen and painful to the touch. Whoops. I guess I need to start acting pregnant. They had elections, and we're very pleased with the new board.



Today, I felt my first Who-Stole-My-Brain-and-Emotions feeling. I was angry and upset and nauseous and on the verge of tears over a series of things that wouldn't normally upset me. I hated it, and the more I felt like I wasn't myself, the more upset it made me. By the time lunch came, Bryan picked me up and he knew something was wrong with his crazy wife. Instead of doing peanut butter sandwiches at home, he took me to a panini place in town. He likes to remind me that I need to take it easy and remember that I'm pregnant and stop trying to do everything I used to do. After a panini and more than half a slice of cheesecake, I felt a lot better.

This week should be a relaxing week. And next week is my Florida vacation/baby shower which I have highlighted and circled on my calendar at work. I am counting down the days!! Lord knows I need some time with my sisters, my moms and away from Oklahoma. Also, can we talk about the baby nonstop? Then maybe I wouldn't forget that I'm pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment