It was an awesome weekend albeit too short.
Friday was spent painting the baby's room, eating takeout from our favorite (and in walking distance) Italian restaurant and painting some more. When it got dark, I saw Titanic in 3D with my girl Natasha and Bryan had a friend over to drink beers while we spent three hours gushing over Leonardo diCaprio. When I got home at 1am, I forgot that I promised to bring a casserole to our new parents, so I stayed up to make something to sit overnight.
Saturday morning, we woke to deliver brunch only to find out (sadly) that the appointment was not going well and would be taking longer. Longer turned into lunch, so we just took the brunch over to the house and hopefully they were able to enjoy it eventually. We spent the rest of the day painting a second coat of paint, picking up pizza and napping. It was a lovely Saturday.
Sunday, we woke up early to drive to Missouri to spend Easter with Bryan's uncle and aunt and kids. They served the most delicious lunch of lamb, salmon, and many delicious sides and desserts. It was actually really nice to spend the day with family.
My coworker is leaving at the end of summer for graduate school, and we are hiring a new person. I'm anxious about this because the new person must be someone who can handle the demands of the position in addition to the demands of our boss. It's a tough job, and what will make it even harder is my maternity leave in August. So that person needs to be good and very available to not take vacation during the fall. I'm nervous about this, and I think my coworker is a little sad to be leaving. She is acting a little stranger than normal, but she is probably stressing about the changes happening in her life.
My mom comes to town this week! I'm excited! I can't tell if I should clean so she will come home to a clean house and be impressed or if I should leave it all a mess and let her clean up after me...I'll take her to my favorite places for lunch, and on Friday, we'll have a baby shower (I hope...the friend hosting hasn't really sent out invitations yet, so I'm worried about it). Saturday, we'll go shopping in Tulsa and then drive to OKC for Bryan and I's duo show! It will be her first show of ours that she's seen since college which is pretty awesome.
Life is moving at a very fast pace, but I like it. I'm ready for summer! Get here!
No comments:
Post a Comment