I've never been in a relationship with someone this long. 6 years is a really long time. I'll prove it.
In 2005, I met Bryan through the improv team at Clemson. Our group really liked to go to parties.
 |
There's Bryan on the left and me on the far right. I barely knew him.
FUN FACT: That's Jason next to me, Bryan's best friend and my other boyfriend. |
In the late spring, we both were recently single and Bryan asked me out. We went to Greenville on April 28, 2006 for our first date and when Bryan tried to kiss me at a stop light on the way home, I pulled away and said, "The light's green!"
 |
| The second day of being together, April 2006 |
 |
| our first year of dating |
We dated that summer and I had no idea that we'd get so serious - so quickly.
 |
| 6 month anniversary - at Justin & Erin's wedding |
 |
| one year anniversary at Melting Pot |
In our second year, we went on a cruise together, went to Disney World (three times), started our duo show (and performed in three festivals), started the Rapscallion, went to New York City, and got engaged.
 |
| bar-hopping in Clemson |
 |
| Gainesville Improv Festival |
 |
| New York City, March 2007 |
In our third year, we celebrated my graduation and my 21st birthday, moved me to Chapel Hill, lived apart that summer - I lived with Zach Ward (what?), made a lot of trips to each other, celebrated our first Christmas with family, went to Disney World (twice), got married, went on a cruise, moved in together, did comedy at DSI together and got ready for Bryan to graduate with his PhD.
 |
| my 21st |
 |
| rocked my first year at DSI |
 |
new years 2008
honeymoon |
In our fourth (and most crazy fun) year, we did more comedy at DSI, visited Charleston and Orlando, moved to Philly, Bryan got his PhD, went to Del Close Marathon in NYC, spent too many weekends and too much money going to NYC all the time, went to Disney World, celebrated our first married Christmas, joined the N Crowd, and found out that we were trading the big city for a small town in Oklahoma.
 |
| first meal in Philly: cheesesteak |
 |
| he's a doctor! |
 |
| more weekends in NYC |
In our fifth (and most scary) year, we clung to each other, spent everything we had on a three month long road trip to see all our friends, performed at the OKC Festival, started performing with OKC improv, started our new jobs, started a new improv community, celebrated Christmas at Disney, did festivals and took the college kids to Chicago for spring break.
 |
| moved to our house in Oklahoma |
 |
| OKC Festival July 2010 |
 |
| OKC improv |
 |
| started an improv team |
 |
| daned the waltz in the Nutcracker |
Christmas
In our sixth (and most tumultuous) year, we celebrated Brooke's graduation, made a trip to Florida, celebrated my birthday in Philly, I got my new job, fell in love with OKC, found out about Bryan's mom's cancer, celebrated 10 years of MTS, decided to try for a baby, found out that I was pregnant, shared the news with family, made trips to support Bryan's mom, and found out that we'll be in Oklahoma another year.
It's been a really crazy six years.
I can only imagine that this year will be our most crazy yet as we embark on this whole parenthood thing this August. It was really nice to look back through the pictures. We have had a lot of really incredible times, sweet pictures and a lot of love. There's nobody else that I could love this much. I am lucky to be with Bryan. He really is perfect.
Happy anniversary, Bryan. 6 years and we still got it ;)
Happy anniversary! You two are so great together!
ReplyDeleteAnd I like the chronology with photos and stories - I think I might steal this idea for my tumblr or something. :)
Thanks, Mere! Do it! It's worth it just to look back through all the pictures over the years. I look at Bryan and I don't think we've changed that much, but I guess we have. We look so young!
ReplyDelete