Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why I Quit Jillian Michaels


I have a confession. Last night, I quit the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Making the Cut diet. To be fair, my husband and I analyzed it and talked about it and weighed it and thought about it for almost a full day before we came to the decision.

First, right before we did the workout yesterday, we realized we're supposed to do each workout twice. Whoops. Second, we have both plateued. And with only 7 days remaining, did we think we would be THAT much better with the diet than without? Third, we are both craving foods like pizza, chocolate, soda, beer and Chickfila majorly. And if you know us, we're really bad at encouraging each other. So we knew that if one of us broke, the other would, too.

So, we decided (and shook on it) to continue Jillian Michaels' workouts for the rest of the 7 days and...

IN EXCHANGE for the diets, we would (after a week off) try the 30 Day Workouts again - and do them twice from the beginning for another month.

I have to say, it's a pretty fair conclusion. Especially if we're thinking about being healthy long term. Why deny should we deny ourselves things if we'll only want them more? So, we're off the diet. We'll keep working out, be conscious of our food decisions but will allow treats like chocolate and beer and Chickfila when we crave it.

So, yeah. We quit. Who cares? We don't. We're adults. We can do what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment