Friday, August 19, 2011

Comedy Show!

My hilarious husband and I are bringing back our show to Tahlequah. This Saturday!

We decided that we wanted to do our duo show at festivals - and we've fallen in love with the Ghostlight Theatre in OKC, and we love to do shows there. It's tough because there isn't a comedy scene in our small town, and we really want the college team to be successful, so we schedule them 8 shows a year (4 a semester, following Bryan's genius ideas from MTS).

BUT we get to do a show. It's great to be able to perform for friends, coworkers and random people we meet on campus. It's fun to show the college kids that we actually are good at what we teach. It's awesome to be known as the comedians in town. And, well, I like not having to travel to do my gig (but actually, I do love going to Philly, Carborro, Orlando, Clemson, Chicago, NYC...); it's only two minutes from our house.

The University President will be there (you know, cuz we're buds) with his wife, and I'm planning to pull him onstage for Puppets. Fun but low pressure - and I know he won't put us into anything too compromising. I'm hoping that it will sell out, and I'm hoping the video footage is great, so we can upload it for my mom, Bryan's mom and all our friends to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment