Monday, August 29, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

With the freedom to eat anything I like again, I've gone a little crazy. That's what happens when you deprive yourself of something you really want: you create an unsatiable (irrational) desire. That said, I had a delicious weekend.

Homemade Pizza
We already had the ingredients on hand: Jiffy Pizza Dough (delicious - just add water), spaghetti sauce, feta cheese, green peppers, red onion and garlic. Ours was so delicious that we ate it up before taking a picture.

ChipsOh, boy, I love my chips. We went to dinner with friends at a Mexican restaurant and enjoyed chips and salsa. For lunch, I made myself a peanut butter sandwich with Baked Lay's as a side. We went to Target and bought up our favorite "specialty" chips: Archer Farms Sweet & Spicy Thai-Style Chili.

(I did take that picture.)

Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby
This treat is extra funny now that my husband has been working out so hard to keep himself from being a chubby hubby and me being as-big-as-a-house spouse.


That's really it. We don't ask for much, and I think our new challenge of doing Jillian Michaels' workouts twice and menu-planning for healthy eating with a few allowances for treats like pizza, chips or ice cream is going to work great for us. We are trying to work healthy living into our lifestyle, and it's just not possible through deprivation. Even if it is, that's not the life I want.

There is no love sincerer than the love of food. ~George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment