Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pregnancy Update: 30 Weeks


How Big is Baby: cucumber, 15.5-16.5 inches, 2.5 to 3.5 pounds
How Far Along: 30.5 weeks

Can we just stop and think about this? 30+ weeks. I have less than 10 weeks left in this pregnancy. I'm shocked. I'm freaking out. I'm excited. It feels so real, so close now that I'm in the 30s of my weeks.

Total Weight Gain: 25 pounds. I am trying not to care. It's hard not to think about how much extra weight there is, and how large my belly is. I am so quick to mention that I'm pregnant because I don't want people to think I'm just fat. I'm pregnant!

Let's just be proud of me for my only one pound weight gain over the past week and a half. I've really cut back on soda - in fact, I can't remember my last one. On the planes, I ordered water!

Sleeping: I'm sleeping not so well. This week has been rough. I can't get comfortable because my back or my hips will ache or my hand will fall asleep or I'll feel so freaking hot that I think I'm going to die even when I take off all my clothes and flip my pillow and sheet until I get the cold side. I don't wake much to pee, but I wake to switch sides and get comfortable. It's quite annoying.

Food Cravings: I haven't really craved anything. I enjoy chugging cold water and eating small bowls of ice cream. I am surprised that I haven't had any weird cravings.

Food Aversions: Not a huge fan of Asian food right now. I can eat whatever, though. I'm not nearly as picky as I thought I'd be.

Symptoms: This is probably a section that will be TMI for most. Please discontinue reading until the next section if you aren't curious about my body. I will italicize and put it all to the right, so you can easily identify when this section is over.

I'm not gonna leave this out because I want to be very honest about my pregnancy for myself (I love reading old entries) and my lady friends. Here we go:

Leaky Nipples
It happened. My doctor has been talking about this for weeks, and I haven't had anything. It isn't much but it's a few drops here and there. One of my tees actually had a leak-through moment. I bought nursing pads when we were in Tulsa two weekends ago, and I tried them out. I'm not leaking out or leaking often or leaking much, but the pads were nice to have. It's pretty weird.

Constipation
As if this week couldn't get more embarrassing. Or difficult. The night Bryan found me on the floor, I had been trying to have a movement for an hour. I was crying because I couldn't and because it was painful to be so...full. I haven't had any other issues since that night, but it was a horrible night. I was so embarrassed.


To be very frank, I haven't had a movement in three days. It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to stay calm. 

Emotional
This week I have been emotional. Crying and feeling emotions bigger than I'm used to. I hope this is temporary. I don't enjoy all the crying.

Doctor's Appointment: In two weeks. I should've had one in a week, but my coworker is out of town - and frankly, I'm tired of going all the time. So I scheduled mine an extra week later.

Movement: He is moving lots. Apparently in a few weeks, his movement will decrease. I will miss that. I love feeling him move. He likes to stick his butt out. Or his head. I'm terrible because I can't tell which is which. And he's still not doing any violent kicks or jabs like many moms talk about. He's just readjusting or moving around. He's a sweet little baby.

Gender: Boy. And we still don't know a name. It's tough. Poor Bryan has gotten to the point that he doesn't care anymore. He says I get to pick. Which only makes the pressure too much for me to pick. How can we possibly choose a perfect name? If it was a girl, we would've known right away. A boy? Seriously? It has to be a cute name for a baby, for a kid, for a teenager, and for a man. We're running out of time to choose!

Best Moment of the Week: last weekend. Or well Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We had the best time being lazy and watching tv and sleeping in and taking naps and making lazy meals. I just love my weekends with Bryan. We are at the sweetest point in our marriage. Easily the most comfortable, most sweet time in our relationship. I don't know if this is our way of preparing for the craziness about to come or if this is our reward for having a crazy six years together or what, but I love it.

What I'm Looking Forward To: this weekend. I'm hoping to do the same: sleep in, play games, be lazy and hang out with Bryan. So far, so good: laziness all day long.

What I've Got for Baby This Week: absolutely nothing. That's right, baby. You've got enough! And with my birthday coming up, I am hoping to receive nothing for the baby. I want my one last non-mom birthday to be full of me presents. We'll see...

What I've Learned This Week:
Recruitment: 65% of all Chinese applicants need to study at an English language program before enrolling in undergrad studies
Husband: He's sweeter and more sympathetic than I remembered. He's handled my emotions and my changes way better than I thought. He is so sweet.
Pregnancy: I'm almost there. Less than 70 days. I can't believe that at most it will be less than 11 weeks until I have my son. It's simultaneously terrifying and exciting.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this post is so sweet. girl, it's totally fine. be honest. i'm trying to get as much info as i can from my pregger friends so i'm not shocked when it comes time to plant the seed, if you will. you are ADORABLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Molly! It's crazy how everything is changing. It's things people and books told me about, but it's nothing I'm fully prepared for. I am hoping this will be a good resource for my lady friends - and for myself, the second time around.

    I feel huge. But I'll take adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete