Monday, June 18, 2012

My Dallas Weekend

This weekend has a long time comin'.

We drove right after work to Dallas, stopping at the Rib Crib for some delicious barbecue. We pulled up to our swanky hotel.
We went to bed feeling fancy in our room and ordered room service for breakfast. Well, not that fancy because we split one breakfast between us.

The next day, I had a knife skills class. Baller!

We had sushi for lunch. Don't murder me: I had shrimp tempura. And lots of edamame.

We shopped at a gigantic mall (four floors and an ice skating rink). Where I decided to chop off all my hair. So fun!


Then we went to our date night cooking class. And learned how to be fancy.



And not cook raw scallops. Even Gordon Ramsey would be impressed.

The next day, we woke up and went straight for IKEA, our favorite furniture store. We had fun playing house and thinking about redesigning kitchens and all the things we "need" but can't fit in our little car.


We hit the outlets, so we could shop for great deals on nice clothes. Bryan stocked up on professor shirts for the fall. I got Brooke some cute things from JCrew for her birthday. And of course, a few things for the baby. Most of the time, I was wishing I was back to my size 4 and could buy up everything. Le sigh.


The drive back was nice. We enjoyed talking about philosophy and recycling and prayer and the baby and the fall semester. I like road trips with Bryan. He really is an awesome companion.

We spent the remainder of the weekend sleeping for 11 hours at a time (we still got it!), chopping veggies with our new knives and new skills, napping, watching all the tv we missed, napping some more. And making some creme brulee.

We do our weekends right.

3 comments:

  1. jeff and i had fun blog stalking you guys today... congrats on your pregnancy! next time you come to TX you should drive the extra and hit up austin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Thanks! We are excited, and we're in the home stretch. I'm 33 weeks tomorrow, so just a month and some change to go.

    We have never been to Austin, and we talk about it a lot! We should definitely make the trip. Especially because I love how cute your girls are from your blog. I bet my little boy would fall in love with Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love you guys!!!!! i love keeping up with you via your blog :)

    ReplyDelete