Tonight was not a good night for baby in public at a restaurant.
As soon as we were seated, Bradley started hollering to anyone within fifty yards "Milk! Milk!" No amount of shushing could stop this.
In hindsight, this is where we should have decided hmmm maybe let's just go home.
But we stayed and ordered the mother effing milk. We gave Bradley a choice between hot dog, burger or chicken. Hot dog. Of course.
We wait and he happily is sucking on ice (classy) and drinking milk. We are actually enjoying an adult conversation with a well behaved toddler.
Until the food comes. Bradley doesn't want his hot dog. He wants French fries. But Bryan and I aren't giving in. "Eat some hot dog and then you get fries," we explain.
Commence screaming.
Omg. My kid has never done this. It was soooooo embarrassing!
Screaming.
In a moment of stress, I offer him a French fry to stop the screaming. It works.
Then he grabs his milk, and instead of sipping through the straw, he tips yr cup back and spills milk all over himself!
More screaming. Because: wet pants.
I'm so frustrated and Bryan's ready to leave. Bryan grabs Bradley and takes him to the car and returns with a pacifier and a calm, milk-soaked baby.
We get te check and get the hell out of there. Good lord! Whyyyyyy?! Toddler tantrums are the worst.
For the record, that was the best hot dog I've ever had.

No comments:
Post a Comment