Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Brain Dump: Baby and Life Edition

There's so much swirling in my head. Bryan and I had a big talk about our short term and long term future and it was scary. I had some confessions to make.

First up, I am putting down roots. I am loving this new place. I love our city, love my job, love our friends, love our gym. I feel so at home here. Thankfully, Bryan does, too. (Sigh of relief).

Secondly, I want a house sometime in the next few years. I want a newly built house with enough room for all the future babies. I want a big living room and an awesome kitchen. And a garage. Bryan hadn't even considered it. Discussion.

And lastly, I'm still not ready for a second baby. This was truly terrifying to admit. I feel like once a baby turns 18 months, it's time to talk about the second one. Well, I'm not ready. Thank god, neither is Bryan! (Sigh of relief).

So I'm happily experiencing peace with my family. We have named this year: Happy Buckleys. We shall avoid the pain of a newborn, of moving, of Oklahoma, of breaatfeeding, of all that mess. We shall enjoy the beauty of our trio, our great sleeper of a baby, our awesome ability to travel/go out/host parties. 

I was terrified that Bryan would want another one. Before we had kids, we wanted kids 2 years apart, but now, I'm like no effing way! I am loving the freedom and we are finally enjoying all the hard work we put into Bradley (sleeping, eating, being good). 

I am so confused that it's Tuesday. It feels like Saturday, or at least Friday. I just can't believe how relieved I am that it's out there. And now, mom and my other friends, now you know. I'm not pregnant, not trying and I'm happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment