Friday, February 7, 2014

Life lately

Things have really settled in our new place. We've been here a little more than a month, and we have a good routine.

We visited Bryan at work, in the freezing cold in the snow. It was awful walking to his building, but it was really neat to see where he works.


I signed Bradley up for gymnastics in an attempt to make friends. Turns out, it's his favorite part of the week. And, if I'm honest, mine too! 


For thirty minutes, the toddlers climb on mats, walk on beams, hang from rings and bars, jump on the trampoline and jump/get thrown in/slide into a big foam pit. It's awesome! 



One of the reasons I picked this apartment to live at is the proximity to the mall, the Target and (slightly embarrassing) the Chipotle. Once a week, I take Bradley and split the kids two taco lunch with him. He eats one tortilla, beans, rice and cheese. I eat the other taco, steak and salsa. He gets his juice and I get my weekly indulgence of Dr. Pepper. It's also right after the gym, so I make sure to burn at least 300 calories to counter the 150 for the soda.

I threw away our trash and came back to see this adorable, tiny cool kid.


Bradley is a kid of few wants: juice, crackers, Legos and coloring. 


He's always on the move, and the only quiet time is naps and movie time (strictly for weekends and really good/really bad days). He was amazing at the grocery store, helping put things in the cart, counting and pointing out things for me (red! Yellow! Green! Leaf! Pepper!) even after an hour at the gym daycare.

He helped me with the groceries (carrying one bag of bread) and then brought me the muppet movie and said "peeeeeeas" how could I resist? So, we watched it and this was his face for an hour.

I just love him! He really is becoming so fun to hang out with and I am truly growing into my motherhood. I feel pride when he can do things that he couldn't a week ago, when he says please and thank you, when he answers my questions, when he builds a Lego stick, when he is obsessed with cute things like bananas and muppets and crackers.

Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment