Here's what I've learned:
Carry a backpack and pack two extra shorts, two extra shirts, a ton of extra diapers and start with a new thing of wipes.
I always pack Puffs (my go to snack on the go!), wheat thins, fruit that I've already cut up to bite size pieces (blueberries are my fav because no cutting is needed), Cheerios, graham crackers, and an empty cup. You can carry as much milk, water, juice, purées and liquids (if it's for the baby) through security. I always pack a snack for me and Bryan too in case we get a case of the Hangries.
Travel with transportation
For the longest time (12 months), the moby was my go to method for transporting Bradley. He's now not interested in being strapped down, so we use a cheap umbrella stroller. If it breaks, it's ok. It's been on many flights and dinged a bunch but still works. Don't take your nice stroller.
Dress your kid at bedtime
Most of our flights back easy require a layover which means if we want to arrive before dinner, we need to fly out around 6AM. Yuck. So we dress Bradley in an outfit (shirt, shorts) so all we have to do is grab him and put him right into the car. (Pack the car first, then get baby.)
Run. Walk. Crawl. Stretch. Explore. All that activity: get it out!!
Suck on takeoff
Bring a pacifier, a bottle, a cup, a boob, whatever for takeoff.
We have a special stash of airplane toys. No noises but lots of flaps, levers, spinners, etc. We pack 2 books (always his plane book plus the current fav), a figurine (The Count), a car, a ball (we have so many so if it rolls away were ok) and his lovie blanket with extra pacifiers.
Take care of mom and dad
I always make sure to drive through somewhere on the way to te airport for coffee and Dr. Pepper. At the airport, we normally hit the Starbucks or magazine stand. Little splurges can take away some of the chaos and stress of traveling with a baby.
Well, there you have it! Did I forget anything??




No comments:
Post a Comment